Short notice, but anyone fancy AL today?

(8 Posts)
EffiePerine Tue 15-Sep-09 10:17:34

Pishing it down here and DS1 is climbing the walls. It's soft play or the museum again (it's only a matter of time before he breaks that dolls house)

EffiePerine Tue 15-Sep-09 10:31:14

We'll be there anyway grin

Sawyer64 Tue 15-Sep-09 11:08:43

Sorry can't make it,as DD2 has Playgroup,and I'm on a Study day.

Mung Tue 15-Sep-09 16:51:17

I have gone crazy at home today...the house is a total tip and I could have done with a bit of AL. Sorry I missed out. Was it really busy with all the other Mums getting annoyed with the fact that their LOs could no longer just run in the gareden?

pooter Tue 15-Sep-09 16:57:17

soz - didnt see this before now. We went to toddler gym at teh school of gymnastics - it was lovely and DS had a whale of a time. AL is like hell to me - the smell (probably due to pregnancy hormones) the noise etc etc! I think i was scarred by going on a saturday once <<shudders at the memory>>

hope you had a good time!

SparklyPrincess Tue 15-Sep-09 20:18:01

Sorry, didn't see this earlier.

And I've had such a fun day clearing up from the potty training experiment. I've given up for the moment - can't cope with the stress of the school thing and the awful mess at the same time!

If someone could just tell me how to train her, that'd be great

love, World's Crappest Mum xx

Sawyer64 Wed 16-Sep-09 14:12:02

At the risk of sounding patronising(not intended that way!)

Stay focused..... First 3 days are hellish,should get better,slightly,each day.If not,then maybe she's not quite ready.

Maybe better to stop and try again in another Month or so.

I have always had "False starts" with my three.

I have got so stressed with it all,as they weren't ready,(Oh the benefits of Hindsite wink)I turned into the Mum from Hell,doing all the wrong things like getting cross,making them sit for ages on a Potty etc etc.

So each time I abandoned postponed for a month or two,and each time they did it in 3 days the next attempt.

You have alot of stress at the moment,if she's not "improving" then postpone IME.
Better for her,and for you IMO.smile

Apologies if that sounds patronising or condescending in any way,just trying to give you some MN Virtual Valium Moral Support.

Sawyer64 Wed 16-Sep-09 14:13:22

Sorry Teacher Spellings!! Hindsight!blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now