Fantastic plums

(6 Posts)
Mung Sat 22-Aug-09 16:15:26

There are some great plums at the farm over the road from me. You can do PYO and I just got a carrier bag full for £4. They are really tasty and there are loads there still. The man said they will last about 10 more days.

pooter Sat 22-Aug-09 16:19:56

ta mung - i was just remenising about a plum tree i used to have three houses ago! will deffo try to find the place smile

pooter Mon 24-Aug-09 18:02:16

well, we went today, drove way too far down your road and finally found it - just where you said! It was closed!! We will try again soon - ended up going to a different pyo and managed to get half a punnet of raspberries - that DS has decided are 'horrible' and some sweetcorn which is just bubbling away now. I do love pyo farms! so much easier than growing it yourself - although we are having a great time eating all our tomatoes.

NormaSknockers Tue 25-Aug-09 09:14:49

There's a PYO plums/raspberries/strawberries place just up the road from us too...although I tend to go more for the tea rooms after blush

I always offer to weigh DD before & after as she tends to munch as we're going round blush grin

pooter Tue 25-Aug-09 15:35:32

PLUMS!!!
We went today - they are LOVELY and its great to see the trees just DRIPPING with them! so cheap too!

im off to make plum crumble. grin
thanks for the tip mung

Mung Fri 28-Aug-09 07:35:04

Glad you liked them Pooter. Its a shame that they are all just going to drop off and go to waste. Enjoy the crumble. These PLum and Cinnamon oat slices are great too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now