Day out at East Mersea

(40 Posts)
Mung Wed 12-Aug-09 20:36:18

Anyone fancy a day at Cudmore Grove with a picnic and some time on the beach?

I may be a little optimistic here, but I was counting on an Indian summer and thought we could go on either the 1st or 2nd September.

You need to drive to get there, but if some of the people with large buses come along perhaps the non-drivers could hitch a lift.

Who fancies coming?

Sawyer64 Wed 12-Aug-09 20:57:11

Sounds good to me.

Might be working/training though,as changing jobs at the mo!
Hoping to work from home.....smile

Will confirm nearer the time if thats ok Mungsmile

SparklyPrincess Thu 13-Aug-09 15:47:32

Who's got a bus??!

Count me in!

MissisBoot Thu 13-Aug-09 15:53:28

I think we might actually be able to make this time!

Sawyer - what are you going to be doing in your new job?

lucyfer2000 Thu 13-Aug-09 20:46:55

Sounds like fun if lucky with the sun! grin

count me in if it is the 2nd - can't do the 1st.

Sawyer64 Thu 13-Aug-09 22:21:51

MB Its a similar set up to what I did briefly in 2007/2008,"Managing Absence",where companies pay another company to look after their employees absence,recording their details etc. on line for their Line Manager to see and provide cover for.

I can work from home,even doing Nights from home eventually,so it'll be alot easier to be around for the DC's.

NormaSknockers Fri 14-Aug-09 07:52:08

Sounds lovely, bit tricky for me though, hopefully not a problem for tooooo much longer <<fingers crossed>>

Hope the weather holds, have a lovely time

Angiewoo Fri 14-Aug-09 15:46:05

Can't make it then I'm afraid as it's DS's birthday on the 1st and we're going to Kent for a few days to see DH's mum and dad.

Have fun though x

Sawyer64 Fri 14-Aug-09 21:14:03

Perhaps these people with "Buses" might be able to do a pick up from the Station Norma

I'd offer,but my little shebang has only room for two more.Anyone out there with one DC in our group is welcome for a lift with me.smile

NormaSknockers Fri 14-Aug-09 23:01:14

Bit tricky to get the DC, 2 carseats & a pram to the station tough tbh - I need a donkey or something wink With any luck it won't be an issue for much longer grin

Mung Sat 15-Aug-09 14:28:03

Shall we say the 2nd then and we can finalise details closer to the time. We will also need a back up plan in case of bad weather.

pooter Sat 15-Aug-09 15:54:45

sounds like a lovely idea. will have to check diary, but we hope to be there.smile

SparklyPrincess Sat 15-Aug-09 21:51:24

Sounds good Mung. I've written the 2nd on my calendar so hopefully I'll turn up on the right day

Not sure about a back up plan, I'll have a think.

I like the image of you trying to get a donkey on the train, Norma!

NormaSknockers Sun 16-Aug-09 08:32:21

Could be interesting couldn't it - could you imagine the ticket inspectors face with me sat there with the DC & donkey all loaded up grin

purpleflower Sun 16-Aug-09 08:58:26

It sounds really nice.

I will try and get there, depends if XDP gets a job or not for me to use his car Hopefully I should be able to make it.

JentlyDoesIt Mon 17-Aug-09 08:01:04

I would love to come but will check my shift pattern first - likely I'll be working both days

Norma - I was going to make a Shrek reference "are we there yet? Are we there yet" but realised that would not reflect well on you

NormaSknockers Mon 17-Aug-09 12:26:57

"That'll do Donkey, that'll do" grin

Sawyer64 Sat 22-Aug-09 11:36:10

Definitely wont be able to make it afterall sad
Have a great day!

I'll be thinking of you when I'm sitting at my desk in WC2!

lucyfer2000 Sun 23-Aug-09 21:31:54

still sounds good to me. Hope to see you all on the 2nd. xx

Mung Fri 28-Aug-09 07:38:55

Great. Shall we meet about 10.30 at Cudmore Grove? You can get directions here.

Mung Fri 28-Aug-09 07:39:43

Has anyone got a little BBQ? I have one but it is at my friend's house near Cambridge at the moment. We could cook up sausages for lunch if we did have one.

purpleflower Fri 28-Aug-09 13:22:37

I definitely won't have a car now. Have a lovely time

SparklyPrincess Fri 28-Aug-09 19:06:30

Thanks for the directions, Mung.

I've got a little barbeque thing but tbh it's such a pain in the arse to cook with and clean it's easier to buy a disposable one. If that doesn't offend anyone's green sensibilities wink

Mung Sun 30-Aug-09 14:59:07

I found the disposable ones a nightmare to cook on whilst camping the other day...they are just too hot and burnt everything. Should we go without a BBQ?

The weather forecast is OKish for Wednesday at the moment. Shall we use my house as the alternative if the weather is bad?

lucyfer2000 Mon 31-Aug-09 20:17:14

10.30 sounds good to me - it will do me good to try and get into the habit of getting up dressed a bit quicker than snail's pace! Back to school on Thursday and mooching around watching breakfast news with a cup of coffee is going to go right out of the window!

Don't know anything about BBQ's i'm afraid - never done one!!

Look forward to seeing you all then.

Weather forecast is looking alright for Wednesday but would gladly accept the offer of Mungs's lovely house should it decide to piss it down instead!!
xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now