This Thursday (28th)

(19 Posts)
SparklyPrincess Tue 28-Jul-09 14:07:30

Hi, is anyone free this Thursday?

Thought maybe we could meet up at Highwoods or Castle Park or something (assuming its not chucking it down). Dh is going to be working from home unless they cancel the train strike and I need to keep the kids out of his hair!

lucyfer2000 Tue 28-Jul-09 19:50:34

Hi Sparkly. Castle Park sounds good to me - I have to get a few things in town in as well on Thursday.

Mung Tue 28-Jul-09 21:43:20

I'll be in Paris by then...yipee!

I am not looking forward to the 05.45 Eurostar departure from Ebbsfleet though shock. The children will be such a barrel of laughs hmm.

Have fun. I hope the rain holds off.

SparklyPrincess Wed 29-Jul-09 10:11:32

What time is good for you Lucy? I've got a few bits to get in town too (haven't finished buying school uniform yet...) so maybe we could meet up around lunchtime-ish?

Have you got my mobile number? I think I've got yours, I check when I've hunted up my phone!

Hope you have a good time in Paris, Mung - I won't be thinking of you at 5.45 though! Actually we got the girls up at 4 am to drive to Devon and they were in shock for a good couple of hours so were really quiet grin

purpleflower Wed 29-Jul-09 10:19:01

I'll be in castle park thursday afternoon with my SIL and a couple of children she is minding. I'll bring her over to say hello if you are there

NormaSknockers Wed 29-Jul-09 11:33:06

Helloooo!

Would have loved to but we're all just starting to recover from a lovely stomach bug & wouldn't want to pass it onto anyone else so best keep clear this week just incase!

Have a nice time

EffiePerine Wed 29-Jul-09 11:39:21

I'll be around in the afternoon - playgroup in the morning - so could do picnic lunch? Norma and Purple have my email if needed, or just let me know where you'll be meeting and I can stalk find you!

pooter Wed 29-Jul-09 14:30:30

hi all - im looking forward to getting to a meet up but cant do tomorrow - im staggering round to my friends who lives round the corner - about as far as i can see myself going at the mo!

envy at mung going to paris! (although perhaps not at the departure time!)

hope it doesnt rain on you at the park x

lucyfer2000 Wed 29-Jul-09 17:05:04

Hiya. Yes lunch time sounds good. Are there any indoorsy things to do in town that we could drag them to if it really is torrential rain. Summer holidays - there must be something on at the artsy centre or whatever else there is down that way!!

Hopefully the weather won't be too awful though and we'll miss all the bigger showers! [optimistic smiley]

Oh you lucky thing Mung! Hope you have a lovely time.

SparklyPrincess Wed 29-Jul-09 18:31:58

There's always the natural history place in the old church. Not tremendously exciting, but its free, dry and near the park!

Shall we say from 12? I'll bring my brolly! And that hat, Effie!

Norma and pooter - hopefully see you soon, but you keep your sick to yourselves for now! grin

NormaSknockers Wed 29-Jul-09 18:50:39

Good job I didn't say yes as DS has just thrown up everywhere....here we go again!

Hope you have a nice time & the weather holds up! Xx

Ps SP planning on starting the couch potato beginning of Sept as will be a bit cooler by then & DH should be back on more resonable sifts once the trouble holiday makers have gone home!!

EffiePerine Wed 29-Jul-09 19:38:17

I'm at playgroup till 11:30 (on the Harwich Rd) so it depends how long it takes me to climb the East Hill. DS1 loves that little museum, so no probs for us if it's wet. If fine, where shall we meet? By the bandstand?

lucyfer2000 Wed 29-Jul-09 20:37:36

Well we have never been to the natural history place so would probably be a novelty for my terrors anyway!

12.00 is good for me - at the bandstand? is that by the park? Maybe we should just say at the park and then if anyone is late the kids won't winge. Although the bandstand sounds good if it is raining ( I assume its covered - sorry not actually that familiar with Castle Park!)

How about 12.00 at the park if it is fine and at the bandstand if it rains?

xxx

purpleflower Wed 29-Jul-09 21:25:31

My SIL has just cancelled on me. 12 is good for me, see you then

Saz126 Wed 29-Jul-09 21:43:25

Would have loved to meet up but just realised I can't because of the train strike! DH very grumpy tonight at having to try and struggle in tomorrow. Have fun and hope the rain holds off.

NormaSknockers Wed 29-Jul-09 22:00:57

Oh, completely forgot about the train strike shock Will be very quiet at my house tomorrow without them!

SparklyPrincess Wed 29-Jul-09 22:33:12

Ok - I'm assuming you mean the actual playground bit by the castle, Lucyfer? That's fine. It's pretty near the bandstand anyway. Also the place that sells coffee!

Sorry you can't make it Saz, that's why my dh is at home. Luckily his boss also lives in Colchester so he hasn't got anyone nagging him, they're both just working from home.

Hope little ones better soon, Norma ...

See you all tomorrow xx

Sawyer64 Wed 29-Jul-09 22:40:01

Might be able to get there too,but if I do it wouldn't be until 1.30pm ish.

Have to see how knackered rushed I am,as working tomorrow in Ipswich.smile

Sawyer64 Thu 30-Jul-09 23:15:16

Nice to see you all this afternoon.Sorry I missed you SP.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now