Anyone heard from Pooter??

(17 Posts)
Sawyer64 Sun 26-Jul-09 09:53:31

Has been quiet on here lately,but haven't seen Pooter posting lately.How is she does anyone know?

Sawyer64 Sun 26-Jul-09 10:03:08

Cancel that! Shes on FB.Been very sick lately apparently.sad

hereidrawtheline Sun 26-Jul-09 10:15:31

she has been sick lately & at least as of a few days ago staying at her parents.

pooter Sun 26-Jul-09 11:54:12

oh hello! its nice to be missed!
yes, i went to my parents for a week as i wasnt able to look after myself or david properly. Have now lost a stone since getting preggers - was a bit concerned until Sawyer found me on facebook and reassured me.

I have a weird craving for thai food, but dont know whether i would actually be able to eat it. Its my bday next week, so i was going to try going for a thai meal with DH - are there just the two thai places in colchester - one on north hill, the older looking restaurant (we had our first date there - ahhh) and teh newer one on east hill. Are there any more i dont know about?

Hope to feel up to getting to/hosting a meet up soon. Poor DS is crazy with boredom (and i am crazy with cbeebees overload blush)

Sawyer64 Sun 26-Jul-09 13:34:31

Can't help with the Thai places,I'm sure someone will help though.

Did you have a scan? Have they given you an EDD? smile

pooter Sun 26-Jul-09 13:43:05

have had a scan- but it was too early for a proper edd - am going on aug 5th now for another one, should be abotu 12/13wks by then, so i think that makes it due end of feb? Such early days - cant believe i have so far to go - was hoping they would tell me "oh its 13wks already" instead they said "well we cant see much other than this blob, and we cant guarantee theres only one in there" shock

sherby Sun 26-Jul-09 13:46:39

pooter your pregnant? smile

congratulations!!!

its me M from Thursday nights <secret code>

pooter Sun 26-Jul-09 13:51:51

hi sherby - <secret handshake> -i knew it was you cos you replied to one of my bf threads just after id told you about it on a thurs!

yep - thats why i wasnt at the last meeting. ooh, i need to ask you about bf whilst pregnant - did you do it? I cant remember. it feels really horrible at the moment, i have to grit my teeth and surpress a grimace when ds does it (and he is still very keen at 2.5)What with all the sickness i am coming to the sad conclusion that its a bit much for me. I was so committed to natural term weaning, and still want that for DS, just not sure if i can carry on. Pity LLL is over for the hols.

sherby Sun 26-Jul-09 13:58:38

I did but only until about 6mths.

I remember that feeling well, I just wanted L to just GET OFF, and distinctly remember sitting there gritting my teeth whilst she fed. At the time though she was only feeding before naps and sometimes at night so it wasn't so much trouble for her to stop.

Are you going to LLL picnic on 21st?

pooter Sun 26-Jul-09 14:05:45

oh, the picnic, snippety told me about it (you know who snippety is dont you?) i would really like to go - but we will just have to see how im doing. That would be a good opportunity to ask the other tandem feeders how they coped.

D is only feeding at nap/bed time/5am time! - and the occasional urge for milky in the afternoon. Hmm, thats quite a bit! He keeps saying "i want milky moo moo moo - it means milky moo" well thanks for that clarification DS,- i was quite mystified as to what you wanted grin

NormaSknockers Sun 26-Jul-09 14:43:14

LOL Pooter grin (LOL at DS & milky moo not LOL at you feeling rough)

Sorry to hear you're feeling so poorly, can totally sympathise as I was the same throughout both PGs. Really hope it eases for you soon, glad you were able to go to your mum & dads for some help

Rather radical way to loose weight wink

sherby Sun 26-Jul-09 15:24:45

yes saw her in town yesterday, and poor T with his big cut! I couldn't believe how much he was talking

hope you feel well for the picnic, I think LLL have a tandem feeding book too

lucyfer2000 Mon 27-Jul-09 21:04:02

Hi Pooter - congratulations! hope you start to feel less sick soon and that all goes well. xxx

Mung Mon 27-Jul-09 21:32:01

''we cant guarantee theres only one in there'' shock
That might eplain there severe sickness!

I hope you are feeling more human soon...let us know how the scan goes.

SparklyPrincess Tue 28-Jul-09 14:05:44

Sorry to hear you're not feeling too well, Pooter - hope it gets better soon. If there's anything I can do (entertain David for a bit etc.) let me know and I'll pop by.

pooter Tue 28-Jul-09 14:22:13

hi sp - thank you - thats a lovely offer!

i made a completer arse of myself in tesco today - D goes to nursery 2 mornings a week, so i dropped him off and went to tesco. 40 mins staggering round trying not to puke was a bit much for me and when the checkout lady asked if i was ok packing, i burst into tears! blush She was lovely and told me to sit down while she did the packing. What a wus i am. Its online or nothing from now on!

Mung Tue 28-Jul-09 21:41:14

Oh Pooter...I think online or send DH is the answer for the time being. It will pass and you'll be back to normal again soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now