hello from lil Clacton

(9 Posts)
MrsNetz Thu 23-Jul-09 16:45:30

Hiya Girls,

I'm new to mumsnet have been busy reading the listings.

Its summer holiday time and i am now home alone with the kids every weekend if anyone has any ideas for things to do i would be really thankful.

have fun x

Sawyer64 Thu 23-Jul-09 17:04:33

Hi MrsNetz! Welcome to the Local Bit!

We were in Kirby Cross today at a meet up,shame you hadn't posted before,you would have been welcome I'm sure(although I wasn't hosting)

Perhaps we can meet you soon.

I will let your two really Local MN'etters tell you about local places to go.

But we meet up quite a bit in AdventureLand in Colchester,as it is quite accessible by Train.Its also open at the weekend as well.smile

NormaSknockers Fri 24-Jul-09 08:09:12

Hello MrsNetz!

I'm over in Kirby Cross but both my Mum & Nana live in Little Clacton so I frequent there occassionly!

Over in Walton there is the Sure Start Rainbow Centre, most of the activities are free & they run a whole host of things throughout the summer holidays to keep the kids entertained! There is Rascals in Great Clacton on the industrial estate which is a crappier cheaper version of Adventure Land.

If you contact either Walton or Clacton swimming pool they can tell you the times & dates of the summer fun things they have going on like the inflatables sessions. Walton also has a Fair come down every year for the summer holidays & that's on the grounds outside the pool.

Obviously there are the beaches, keep your eye on posters as they hold a few things through the summer like sandcastle competitions & the like.

Have you signed the kids up to the big summer read at the library? It's Quest Seekers this year & that's always good fun

MrsNetz Wed 29-Jul-09 15:34:41

Hello,

Thanks for the welcome smile

I use the rainbow centre and their stay and plays, they are brill for my wee ones.

Walton fair sounds good, will give that a go.

I only got tiny tots so prob cant do big read just yet. (Can adults do it? I love kids stories. hee hee

Inflatables days sound good. I'll see if i can tie it in with husbys day off.

Thanks very much

NormaSknockers Wed 29-Jul-09 18:54:23

My LO's are only young too, 3 & 1 but I've done the big summer read since DD was born, I just read the stories to her to start with but now she picks the books & I read then with her. DS is signed up too & he's only 1 but I just choose his books & read them to him wink

EffiePerine Wed 29-Jul-09 19:40:18

We're signed up to the big read as well and DS1 is 2.9 - he loves being read to and loves the stickers even more!

NormaSknockers Wed 29-Jul-09 21:59:08

Effie have you got the scratch & sniff stickers yet? Some of them are really fowl lol!

SparklyPrincess Wed 29-Jul-09 22:36:40

'Some of them are really fowl lol! '

Smells like chicken??

God, I'm so funny, I don't know where to put myself...

Sorry, I'll go away now ...

grin

JentlyDoesIt Fri 31-Jul-09 20:53:08

pmsl SP

If you hadn't made that joke first, i would have done it...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now