About tomorrow - Sorry!

(14 Posts)
lucyfer2000 Thu 16-Oct-08 17:05:25

I am so so sorry but i am going to have to cancel / postpone tomorrows meet up.

We were supposed to be having the floor in the dining room fitted today - smallish job that would take half a day to lay the wood down. The guy already came last week to put a screed down on the floor to make it even blah blah...

Any ways the guys turn up today and the screed just crumbled as they touched it. It had been put down wrong (long story) and they had to chip the whole lot off. Took all day and the house is absolutely coated in dust angry. Loads of arguments and trips by the manager later and they will be putting a new screed down tomorrow morning and laying the floor on Sunday morning. Apparently the screed will smell really chemically for at least three hours.angry

so the long and short of it is that I don't think it would be a good idea if everyones precious babies came to visit us tomorrow.

I'm so so so sorry sad. I was really looking forward to seeing you all - but if I had told them not to come tomorrow i have no idea when it would all have got done.

Would any one be interested in changing it to next Thursday or Friday instead?

I may just take the kids to the zoo tomorrow afternoon to get them out of here as we have been trapped in here trying to sort this fiasco out all day!!

I hope everyone gets the message - can you let me know that you do...

Purple Flower - it would have been SO lovely to see tomorrow with your tiny DD and being all brave getting out of the house! So sorry to throw a spanner in the works.sad

xx

Sawyer64 Thu 16-Oct-08 17:09:41

Oh sorry to hear that.sad Hope to catch up soon.Maybe someone else will step into the breach.....?wink

lucyfer2000 Thu 16-Oct-08 17:50:21

I suppose the only other thing that i could offer would be to suggest that you all come around after lunch instead - for an afternoon tea and cake. The screed would have set and stopped being stinky by then. Trouble is, i know that Friday afternoons are generally already a bit hetic for most people.

I don't know - let me know what you think. It's all a bit of a balls up and i'm really pissed off with allied carpets!!

MissisBoot Thu 16-Oct-08 18:00:32

sounds v stressful - I'll join you at the zoo in the afternoon if you want?

would offer to have everyone round here - but we really don't have the room - sorry...

Sawyer64 Thu 16-Oct-08 18:03:34

Difficult for me to make the afternoon as the school run would cut right into it.sad

SparklyPrincess Thu 16-Oct-08 19:20:53

Don't worry Lucyfer, no probs.

Let me know if you go to the zoo - think you've got my mobile number?

See you soon ... SP xx

purpleflower Thu 16-Oct-08 19:51:49

No problems at all, I hope you get it all sorted out. It sounds like a right nightmare.

I hope you have fun at the zoo, I don't think I will be brave enough to try and take both at once yet as I don't have a double pushchair and I don't think DS will be able to handle it yet.

Unfortunatly my house is just far too small to have everyone here sad.

lucyfer2000 Thu 16-Oct-08 22:03:46

Well thank you all for being so understanding (even if you secretly think that i have backed out because i don't want all my puzzles tipped on the floor!wink).

I will probably take the kids for a picnic lunch at the zoo - just to get them out of the house (its not like we will be able to eat at the table..)

SP I do indeed have your mobile number - the other crap thing that happened today though was that i seem to have lost my mobile phone!! If i ring it all it does it go to answerphone - not a good sign. Hopefully it will turn up tomorrow or i don't know what i'll do without it!!

We will sit outside the main restaurant at around 1 - 1.30 to eat our picnic lunch so if we see you or sophie then, that would be great! (or anyone else for that matter). Hope my flippin phone turns up though...

Purpleflower - I can't say I blame you for not wanting to brave the zoo - it is hard work at the best of times! (it does entirely tire mine out though and they are practically begging to go to bed by 7!)

lucyfer2000 Thu 16-Oct-08 22:05:31

Hopefully see you soon sawyer - I know the zoo will be out of the question for you. xx

MrsMagooo Fri 17-Oct-08 06:16:32

Sorry to hear you've had such a rubbish time Lucyfer, sounds like a very stern complaint letter is in need!!

Hope you have a lovely time at the zoo

MissisBoot Fri 17-Oct-08 12:17:59

we'll probably be there around 2ish so will look out for you - I have sp's number so will call her when we get there on the off chance that she is there and with you!

MissisBoot Fri 17-Oct-08 14:30:05

as you can see I'm still here - dd has been asleep for the last few hours and I couldn't bring myself to wake her up...

hope you had a good time

SparklyPrincess Fri 17-Oct-08 22:02:44

Hope you had fun at the zoo ...

DDs all full of cold and Bugs this morning completely wiped them out!

Perhaps we could try to do the zoo some other time!

lucyfer2000 Sun 19-Oct-08 20:44:45

No worries, we were pretty late actually so I was a bit worried that we might have missed you.

Mine are a bit crazy at the zoo anyway - they usually want to spend most of the time on the elephant slide!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now