Chinese film season

(14 Posts)
Mung Fri 03-Oct-08 20:35:17

For part of this Jiangsu festival they are showing some films. There is one at the Odeon on 13th October called The Banquetl. They are still not sure of the time, but would anyone fancy coming?

MissisBoot Sat 04-Oct-08 12:59:25

Are you our local cultural tsar?

I'm in London for work so won't be back til late otherwise would have been interested.

lucyfer2000 Sun 05-Oct-08 20:14:39

Monday is usually DP's football night - but if i could persaude him to take a night off or get a baby sitter i would definitley be up for it.

I really like Chinese films (says she who has seen three! - in my head I am culture vulture who watches foreign films and goes to the theatre all the time - in reality i don't seem to get around to it too often!!)

Shall let you know middle of next week - would be cool.

pooter Mon 06-Oct-08 00:03:23

Well, as usual, i'd love to, but DH doesnt get home in time - ggrrr. Bloody husband working all hours to earn enough for me to stay at home with ds.....hmm, i suppose i should stop complaining that his work commitments are stifling my social life!

Snippety Mon 06-Oct-08 08:29:37

Hiya !

I've seen "The Banquet" (we're big Asian cinema fans) and it's brilliant. Hope you enjoy it smile

lucyfer2000 Mon 06-Oct-08 20:32:03

hey Mung - pooter says it is too early. the link i've got doesn't work and i can't find the time it starts on the website. a quelle heure est il mr wolf??

Mung Tue 07-Oct-08 15:04:04

It starts at 20.15

pooter Tue 07-Oct-08 18:33:32

ooh i may be able to come!! will check with dh and get back to you

lucyfer2000 Fri 10-Oct-08 19:47:52

Yeah - i can make it!! it looks great too.

Shall we meet at the cinema? smile

Mung Sat 11-Oct-08 10:51:35

Do you think I ought to book? Yes, meeting at the cinema is probably best.

Mung Sun 12-Oct-08 18:44:11

I will aim to get there around 7.45 and I'll get the tickets then.

See you there.

Anyone else coming, or is it just Lucyfer and myself?

Mung Tue 14-Oct-08 07:28:47

any clearer Lucyfer? Still have no real idea about the ending, but I was right about why he fled to the drama school.

lucyfer2000 Wed 15-Oct-08 20:53:04

Yes I had a bit of a look at something like this as well. I suppose you are just left guessing as to who dunnit!

It was a bit long but i did enjoy it!...

Mung Thu 16-Oct-08 11:53:14

I liked it. I have this thing that I cannot talk about films straight afterwards...not really sure why. I think I need to process it and mull it over for a while. Anyway, I think it was interesting and worth the trip. It makes me want to see some of the others.

Weren't the outfits amazing?

Perhaps Snippety can suggest some good films for us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now