Anyone had a primary school application pack yet?

(53 Posts)
SparklyPrincess Mon 29-Sep-08 16:31:25

They're supposed to be out by October - cutting it a bit fine or is it just me??

MissisBoot Mon 29-Sep-08 19:37:15

You can apply online from 6th October.

tis SR btw - have name changed - we ended up staying at the park all afternoon - DD just loves the morris dancers - god she's going to marry a beardy wierdly real ale drinker

JentlyDoesIt Mon 29-Sep-08 20:18:51

Oi! There ian't anything wrong with beardy weirdy real ale drinkers you know - just ask DP!!! Although at 6'4" and 18 stone, morris dancing may put others in fear of their lives

sorry for thread hijack...

MissisBoot Mon 29-Sep-08 20:25:01

ha ha I know - dh sometimes mascarades as a non beardy wierdy real ale drinker

SparklyPrincess Mon 29-Sep-08 22:44:24

Kinda want my info pack though! God knows what they're going to say about the school that isn't there, though!

MissisBoot Tue 30-Sep-08 10:02:18

That's what I was thinking - they don't have any info about it on the essex cc website so will probably forget to include it as an option!

Mung Tue 30-Sep-08 10:46:37

Stop worry SP...you have agesbefore you send you DD off to school. Apparently they are confident the school will be there and functional...its only a few bricks, whiteboards and coffee machine, after all.

SparklyPrincess Tue 30-Sep-08 11:37:30

Yeah, but it's not ages til we have to apply!

It would be quite comical if they forgot to include it...

Coffee machine? Did you have a coffee machine?? If we had one it looked very much like a kettle!

Mung Tue 30-Sep-08 14:40:05

I took one of my old ones into our languages office for my early starts. Everyone loved the smell of coffee coming from our office in the morning and at break time.

I'm not surprised that you didn't have one really...you did still have chalk boards, after all!

pooter Wed 01-Oct-08 13:22:32

ooh, chalk - i love the smell of chalk!! My first teaching school still used it, and very old cracked blackboards, but it was so much more fulfilling using them rather than crappy old markers that run out 2 days after you have been allocated them! YEs - ALLOCATED my 3 markers per term. Cheers. After that you had to supply your own!!!!

We didnt even have drinking water in our staffroom!!! And i wonder why i havent gone back!

Sorry SP - absolutely no words of use at all (whispers.....homeschool....then sneaks off)

SparklyPrincess Wed 01-Oct-08 13:46:47

And its so much easier to wash the chalk dust off your arm than white board marker...

Of course, apparently everyone's got interactive whiteboards now...

We had drinking water - which we had to pay for. I was quite happy with tap water. I refused to be a member of the staff association as well though, so I guess I'm just tight.

I laugh hollowly at your mention of homeschool pooter - I love sending DD1 off to playschool at the moment!

Well, I'm glad to see that its now october and still no sign of any info... you had anything missisboot?

MissisBoot Wed 01-Oct-08 17:29:37

Nope nothing here - am off to have a look at North Primary on friday though so shall report back!

Maybe they'll know when the forms are coming out?

SparklyPrincess Wed 01-Oct-08 19:30:31

Are they having an open day? The queen boudica open day could be fun ... bring your own hard hat! Maybe they could get everyone to lay a brick each.

MissisBoot Thu 02-Oct-08 10:30:59

Not, just a few tours - give them a call - I'm sure you could join in!

Which three 'choices' are you going for?

SparklyPrincess Thu 02-Oct-08 12:29:29

Really don't know actually. Two are obvious, the new one and Mile End primary but no idea about the other. Think North is a bit of a trek from here...

MissisBoot Thu 02-Oct-08 12:42:02

Its tricky isn't it - when you look on the colcheste rmap there are loads of primary schools in the rest of the town - jyst none to choose from that are within walking distance in the north.

SparklyPrincess Thu 02-Oct-08 16:41:18

Info's now on the website missisboot ... Sept start for all pupils at queen boudica. Grrr..

Love the way it says 'have you visited the school or looked at its brochure/website?' errr, no?

SparklyPrincess Thu 02-Oct-08 17:33:42

Apparently they're going to be sending info about QB out 'soon'...

MadameCastafiore Thu 02-Oct-08 17:40:17

Mine got here today - no Borstal listed in my immediate vicinity so bugger knows what I am going to do with DS!!

MissisBoot Fri 03-Oct-08 10:20:04

Got mine today too.

Who are they going to be sending info out to? Everyone in the local community or those who are starting school?

SparklyPrincess Fri 03-Oct-08 16:22:57

Still nothing here yet but I won't panic straightaway.

The woman I spoke to didn't know who the info's going to - have to wait and see for now I guess.

SparklyPrincess Sat 04-Oct-08 19:04:52

Wow, what an uninformative waste of paper that was...

MissisBoot Sat 04-Oct-08 19:27:16

Ha ha - I was wondering what you were expecting when you were referring to a 'pack'

BTW - I quite liked North Primary the other day - enthusiastic head, children seemed to be happy and lots going on at teh school - they're really into their music too.

Still haven't decided what three to put down or in which order.

SparklyPrincess Sat 04-Oct-08 20:06:16

Do you know which you're in the priority admissions area for?

MissisBoot Sun 05-Oct-08 10:05:39

I'm in North, however, QB will be much closer in terms of straight line distance - I think they're just still working out the boundaries properly.

The Head at North said they were oversubscribed seeing as they've got all the new developments at the back of the school as well as around Balkerne Hill...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now