For all those of you who said you wanted to, but couldn't...

(7 Posts)
Mung Mon 22-Sep-08 13:54:37

There is a salsa night in Colchester on 4th October.

I have the bug again and I might start the lessons on a Monday night (once my shoes are fixed).

Just to warn you...you do swap partners and may have to dance with people you don't know. I think Lucyfer was a bit shocked on Saturday grin

JentlyDoesIt Mon 22-Sep-08 14:28:44

Oh, I'd love to but DP has... wait for it... a ^home brewing^ meet up with all the other beardy weardies chaps in Colchester who home brew - don't think it's going to be a big meet up... so I am on babysitting duty.

Did you have fun on Saturday, even if Lucyfer got a bit scared!?

Mung Mon 22-Sep-08 14:37:37

I broke the heel of my shoe and I was really scared of all the fantastic dancers there. We sat at a table talking most of the night. It made me want to start up again though, so I will be going for lessons.

Lucyfer wasn't scared...I just think that it wasn't what she had expected. It takes a while to get used to dancing close to strange men. I just love dancing, so if they are odd, sweaty or beautiful...I dont care. She did get to dance with the teacher though, which I was very jealous of!

lucyfer2000 Mon 22-Sep-08 22:22:17

hiya! not sure about the one on the 4th of October - will have to see if we are busy or not. I did really enjoy the dancing on Saturday night though - despite being a bit wierded out by having to touch strange men! - i think i got used to it later on.

I wish i could dance on mondays as well but it is of course the football night. Apparently there is a class on Tuesday night in Kelvedon of all places!! Perhaps one of the Kelvedonites could confirm?! Tuesdays may be doable...

Saz126 Tue 23-Sep-08 09:03:41

Hey what do you mean of all Kelvedon of all places! If it's happening, it's definitely happening in Kelv!! Yes, I'm sure there is a salsa night somewhere on the high street - think it's at the conservative club? Will check.

Saz126 Tue 23-Sep-08 09:09:45

They're at the Labour club:

www.salsaessex.co.uk

Tuesday nights from 4th November, or at Marks Tey Parish Hall on Thursday nights.

Mung Tue 23-Sep-08 18:37:56

Marks Tey village hall...now that sounds great for me! I could cycle there....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now