Would anyone like to pop aroud for a Coffee/Tea at mine.....?

(54 Posts)
Sawyer64 Tue 09-Sep-08 21:40:55

Hi all,feel its about time I took my turn.

Anyone free next Thursday morning (18th) for Coffee,Cookies,Muffins and the little ones cantrash play?

All Colchester/Frinton 'ites welcome.....smile

I can E Mail directions,but if anyone knows where SP lives,I'm just around the bendcorner.grin

Sawyer64 Tue 09-Sep-08 21:48:31

Sorry around and laptop is running really slow tonight,don't know why that duplicated.

Take your pick which one you post on blush

SparklyPrincess Tue 09-Sep-08 22:26:04

Hi Sawyer, sorry dh off work this Thursday so we're off on an outing somewhere.

See you soon, anyway. How is DD1 getting on at school? My DD1 loves playgroup!

Sawyer64 Tue 09-Sep-08 22:34:14

As in *next Thursday* SP? 18th ??

DD1 doesn't start until 22nd as she is a July born. They stagger them over the monthhmm

Seems a long time to wait to start IMO.Other schools seem to do this but over the course of a week.

DD1 is very anxious to start,as all her "classmates" from Playgroup have started already.

LOL at the Water Play soaking,my DD1 was the same when she started,lots of changes of clothes! It is lovely there though.

MrsMagooo Wed 10-Sep-08 09:25:23

I'm free (Said in Mr.Humphreys voice wink)

Where abouts are you in relation to train stations??

Xx

Mung Wed 10-Sep-08 10:14:24

We are about next Thursday morning. I know where SP lives...so directions in relation to her house will be fine.

Is 10/10.30ish OK?

JentlyDoesIt Wed 10-Sep-08 10:17:23

I can come but might be late as I will have to weigh in at fat fighters Slimming World first. I know you are near the country park but other than that I haven't a clue!

email address is jen dot holmes at hotmail dot co dot uk

Shall I try and get my own recipe correct and make my biscuits or would you rather I made Nigella's fairy cakes??

MadameCastafiore Wed 10-Sep-08 10:23:03

Hi guys

I should be ok to come - am feeling a bit better now - although am very sad as DS is at school for his first day today, only for half the day but I feel very alone!

Need directions though as I am hopeless at getting anywhere!

JANEBROWN74@sky.com

Sawyer64 Wed 10-Sep-08 12:37:06

Hi everyone.

MrsMagoo I am nearest to North Station Colchester.Bit of an uphill climb as I'm at the top of Northern Approach road,so you come out of station,see Asda,head towards it,but stay on the left,go round "roundabout" so that Asda is on you right.Go straight up this road,and I'm 2nd left Dickenson Road,go into that and take Cambie Crescent on your right.We are No 4,just passed the green area,Blue House.Should be a bus that comes up here,not sure of the number though,perhaps someone else knows.
Mung 10-10.30am is great.
Look forward to seeing you all. Have E Mailed you individually,let me know if you need anymore directions.smile

MrsMagooo Wed 10-Sep-08 13:33:30

Fab - I reckon I can manage that

I reckon by the time I have gotten lost and found my way again walked from the station I'll be with you 10:45/11 as the train gets me in at half 10ish grin

Jently What time is your weigh in?? If you're about the same time maybe we could walk together or will you hop on bus??

Xx

SparklyPrincess Wed 10-Sep-08 14:14:25

Oh, I see! Yep, I'll be there then! About 10-10.30 is fine with us.

Parkings a bit of a nuisance here so do you want to part outside mine Mung? As you know where it is. It's not too far, I'm sure your DD could manage it - my DD2s going to have to!

Mrs Magoo - from North Station you can get buses up Mile End Road (No 2 comes to mind but there may be more). Get off near the church and walk through the churchyard. You'll come out into Bolsin Drive, turn right then left onto Dickenson Road, then left into Cambie Crescent.

Or its about a 15-20 min walk either up northern approach road as Sawyer said or Mile End Road (which is a lot quieter!) and then through the churchyard.

JentlyDoesIt Wed 10-Sep-08 14:46:41

Mrs Magooo - weigh in is at 9.30 so I could meet you at the station at 10.30? I know both routes so you won't end up lost

Sawyer, I'll only be able to stay about an hour as I will have to pick DS up at 1. Hope that's ok?

Mung Wed 10-Sep-08 15:58:08

OK SP...I'll park outside your place and walk over with you.

MrsMagooo Wed 10-Sep-08 16:14:18

Jently that would be fab - I'll get the 9:50 train from here then meet you at North station?!

Saves me getting lost wink

Sawyer64 Wed 10-Sep-08 17:31:39

Thats fine Jently.

In regards to parking,anyone else in a car,can park along the pavement by the green area,most people park along there and it doesn't cause a disturbance.

Look forward to seeing you all.

Glad you can make it after all SP, thought you two could pick up the DD's and jog herehmm.

purpleflower Wed 10-Sep-08 17:44:32

If I'm still in one piece I would love to join you.

Will let you know for definate next week.smile

lucyfer2000 Fri 12-Sep-08 09:28:46

Hi Sawyer,

We would love to join you next Thursday morning. ten thirty sounds like a good time. I'll email you closer to the time for the address. Kind of a shame I can't bring DD really - she could have had a chat to your DD about school!

Well I definitely ought to be brave enough to invite people over to mine - so maybe I could do an afternoon the week after (DD only does school in the morning). Shall have a think about it closer to the time.

Sawyer64 Fri 12-Sep-08 17:13:04

Hi Lucyfer,

It will be nice to see you,I've got your E Mail address,I will forward directions etc.

Yes it is a shame the DD's can't meet up,my DD1 starts full-time on the 22nd,so if you do have a coffee afternoon,I will only be able to stay for an hour.sad

Maybe they'll meet in the holidays....

Look forward to seeing you on Thursday.smile

Saz126 Sat 13-Sep-08 13:57:57

Hi Sawyer, we would love to come along. We should be there at about 10.30. My email address is sazza at tinyworld co uk. Look forward to catching up with you then. smile

MrsMagooo Sat 13-Sep-08 21:54:21

Jently Angiewoo is kindly giving me & kiddies a lift on Thurs to Sawyers - feel mean making you walk by yourself!!

pooter Sat 13-Sep-08 21:56:20

hi sawyer - can me and ds come too? he has had a haircut shock

i relented and he had his curls chopped off. They will grow back grin !! He looks like a proper little boy now. So theres a vacancy for a baby!

my email is archipooter at googlemail dotcom

Sawyer64 Sun 14-Sep-08 16:42:14

Ofcourse Pooter,look forward to seeing you,"shorn" DS and Saz too. smile

Mung Sun 14-Sep-08 17:04:15

Ohhhh Pooter shock. Those curls were beautiful.

MrsMagooo Sun 14-Sep-08 20:50:17

Aaawww DS curls were adorable!

Sawyer64 Sun 14-Sep-08 22:20:09

Hope you saved a curl or two.....grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now