Have been a stranger!!!

(10 Posts)
rrrayray Mon 08-Sep-08 22:37:26

...Hello ladies, have realised havent posted on here in a bit.

How is everyone? Any news?

I'm now 20 weeks, and my sickness has passed i had JUST been starting to feel a bit better. But i now have a viral infection & feeling rather sorry for myself. Lots of Rest and water apparently?!

Am dying for my next scan, isn't until the 23rd b/c harwich only scan on Tuesdays. I know Essex Trust policy is not to Sex babies, but does anyone have any idea whether Harwich will ignore this and Sex my baby? Dying to know! If not, once (hopefully) have clean bill of health will have to book a private one!!

Hope your all well. Looking forwards to meeting all you ladies when feeling better & bit closer to arrival of bean & becoming a Mummy!

xx

purpleflower Mon 08-Sep-08 22:41:12

Hi I'm 37+3 now smile

My SIL is booked in at harwich and they didn't tell her. She paid for a private 3d scan to find out. I know if my brother could've found out for free there is no way he would've paid.

Hope you feel better soon.

MrsMagooo Tue 09-Sep-08 05:42:56

Hiya - sorry to hear you're feeling poorly.

Harwich won't tell you the sex - Essex policy is that they don't sex the baby & if you ask they tend to get very funny with you lol!!

If you do want a Private one & not fussed about it being 3D then let me know & I'll dig out the number for Turner Rise - he was right for both our babies grin

Xx

rrrayray Tue 09-Sep-08 12:23:20

I thought that would prob be the case, but they were so friendly when i went there, i thought, maybe just maybe!

mrsmagooo not at all fussed about it being 3D etc... want to wait to MEET our baby to know what it looks like. If you have the number to hand, Fabulous, if Not... don't worry... i'll look it up.

Think i'll still wait to get the all clear before booking a sexing scan though!

xx

rrrayray Tue 09-Sep-08 13:28:20

...ive gone ahead and booked a sexing scan with A 4D baby... its in ipswich, but thats not far from us, we're in Wix.

£45 and if they dont get a good shot, Free Re-scan. Quite happy with that.

They had dates BEFORE my anomoly Scan, but thought that was unwise, so 3rd October it is. AGES away, but well worth the wait!

purpleflower Tue 09-Sep-08 14:16:38

Thats a really good price. It's almost tempting to get one done although it may be a waste of money with only a couple of weeks to go grin

It's not too far away, 3 weeks Friday. Hopefully I will already have my baby by then and it's the day after DSs 2nd bday.

Hope it all goes well.

JentlyDoesIt Tue 09-Sep-08 15:25:55

Hi, nice to see you back and hope you start to feel better soon

I went to a 4d baby but had the full 4d scan which was more like £100 I think but £45 is a really good price for sexing. They are really friendly there

Essex trust policy is not to tell the sex. I asked my consultant why when I was pg with DD and he said that all the consultants had to agree to do the sexing and just ONE wouldn't agree hmm

Hope to meet you properly soon

rrrayray Tue 09-Sep-08 16:40:59

i did toy with the idea of having a 4D baby scan... but decided i am taking SOME of the surpirse away by finding out the sex, so i thought i'd at least leave what the baby looks like until the day itself!!!

purpleflower almost there, huh? Very jealous. went into pregnancy very niave thinking i'd sail through it. Feels like one niggle after another. Can't WAIT to meet my baby....and have my body back! ha!

We're relatively new to Colchester, (well Wix) having only moved into the area in january, but when i went into Colchester the other day it seems like lots and lots of little shops are/have closed down recently. Like the lovely smoothie shop by French Connection.

Bit Sadly recently. I can only guess the credit crunch is REALLY hitting places hard!

JentlyDoesIt Tue 09-Sep-08 20:39:16

Oh good grief has that shut already - it's only been open about 6 weeks! The other one has shut too - near HMV. Shame, coz I love a good smoothie!

rrrayray Tue 09-Sep-08 21:00:05

Yes, i sort of knew the one by HMV was going to Close- there was never anyone in there and i think it was the other one nobbling the business which made it close. But yes, the other one has closed TOO!!

I only went in there once, but i was intending to try their food & local soup sometime soon....... Obviously not then! hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now