Anyone for salsa?

(29 Posts)
Mung Wed 27-Aug-08 12:41:57

Saturday 20th September in Chelmsford....anyone fancy it?

JentlyDoesIt Wed 27-Aug-08 14:35:50

Oh I'd love to learn to dance but I have all the grace and finesse of a tap dancing elephant my mum took me out of ballet lessons when I was 4 because I was a "fairy elephant"

Sounds loads of fun though.

purpleflower Wed 27-Aug-08 19:01:25

I would love to but think I'll definitely be like a tap dancing elephant grin

Mung Wed 27-Aug-08 19:28:10

My Dad said the same to me Jently and I hadn't even started. I love Salsa now and haven't danced for a couple of years...I hope someone will come along.

purpleflower Wed 27-Aug-08 19:43:48

I hope someone does go with you. I may join you in a couple of months if it's on again, it really does look like fun.

Although thinking about it, the jumping about may help to bring on labour if this one doesn't put in an early appearance.

lucyfer2000 Thu 28-Aug-08 09:12:37

OOh that sounds like great fun!

Is this with or without partners?? DP and I were doing dancing lessons up until a couple of months ago - but salsa was not his favourite. Unfortunately the classes we were going to changed to a monday night. Monday night is football for him, so we can't go at the moment.

Well we have a big night out on the Friday night in London (posh doo !!!! - nearly fainted when Rich got the invite and partner was invited too!) But i'm sure i could manage Saturday night as well. DP would be needed to baby sit of course as we will have used up Grandparent baby sitter credits!

So almost definitely up for it - can i confirm later???

pooter Thu 28-Aug-08 12:25:41

ooh that looks briilliant!!
DH and i met at a salsa dancing club! We went for lessons and our 'first dance' at our wedding was a salsa! Saying that we havent danced since our wedding!

Im definitely interested, is it with partners? Im a bit concerned about leaving DS with a babysitter so long though - when we have our date night on wednesdays (week 4 and still going very well!) we come back at 9 so ds is still awake!

ooh i love dancing!!! must dig out my swirly skirt and dancing shoes! all excited now grin

MrsMagooo Thu 28-Aug-08 12:25:45

Oooo looks brilliant - hope someone can come along grin

I'll only just be 6 weeks post section so not sure I'd be physically up to it just then but if it's on again another time it would be great!

Mung Thu 28-Aug-08 16:19:17

My DH point blank refuses to dance salsa, so I'd be alone. If anyone wants to bring a partner then I dont mind.

pooter Thu 28-Aug-08 16:56:22

but its such a manly dance grin haha
I did some volunteer work in Greece once for 6wks (turtles - it was great!!) and the Greek men all dance as if they are mincing about with their arms in the air - SOO funny (hopes no one is greek - hides)

theres always a dearth of men at these things, so he woudl be in great demand!! DH woudl love to come i know it - but im not sure about the babysitting thing, so i may be on my own. Im such a wus when it comes to leaving DS.

SparklyPrincess Fri 29-Aug-08 17:44:21

Not sure I'd be happy being the only one who's not an expert!!

Mung Fri 29-Aug-08 20:00:38

SP...who said they were experts??? I definitely didn't. Its been ages and two children since I tried my hand at swinging my hips....go on come along!

Mung Mon 01-Sep-08 21:41:05

Pooter...I forgot to ask you about the Colchester Salsa thing you saw advertised....

lucyfer2000 Tue 02-Sep-08 20:49:01

SP I AM NOT AN EXPERT!! probably had about 30 mins of salsa lesssons in total and can't really remember any of it! It was just thrown in with a varied dance course thing. I was actually planning on posting a note to pooter and mung to say that i would probably be looking a bit rubbish if they had done it before!

It's the fun of it and anyone can dance if they wiggle and smile - doesn't matter if you are not technically brilliant does it!!!

Give it a go!!

pooter Tue 02-Sep-08 23:50:22

DH and i are giving up our weekly date night (lasted 5wks!) but we are having a salsa night instead thanks to this thread!!

Its at the garrison club - and you have an hours lesson then freetime to dance with whoever! You have to pay before hand though - but its valid for any night (its a private membners club or something, so they are not allowed to charge on the door). Its on monday nights - anyone interested??

Mung Wed 03-Sep-08 13:14:30

I used to have lessons with them when they were at a different venue. I think its just Richard who does it now. I'd be interested, but need to work out how to pay for it...absolutely skint at the moment.

Oh and by the way....salsa is a date, isnt it?

pooter Wed 03-Sep-08 13:27:27

I have the answer mung - french lessons for moi! And the rate you said youd charge me was far too kind - up your prices!!

i suppose it is a date grin i've just become used to stuffing my face every time DH and i go out!!

We are going to centre parcs next week, so we will start the week after that. I am really looking forward to CP - its my mums 60th bday and my bro and his family are going too. Mum and i have booked the high ropes course! I think shes trying to prove to herself that shes not past it smile.

How is your mum mung?

Mung Wed 03-Sep-08 14:25:12

Mum is OK, thanks for asking. SHe has a new hip, but I called today and they said she was very quiet, but it wasn't anything to worry about. The thing is they don't know my loud, noisy, chatty, sociable Mum, so I am worried. I can't go and see her until this evening though, as the children have colds and I can't really take them in.

I can't up my price...if I charge more, then I get more stressed, so I like the way it is. That way I dont feel guilty about preparing the night before.

Let me know what the class is like and then I will try and come along. All I can think about is getting my Mum out of hospital at the moment.

Have a fab holiday...we'll start the French when you get back.

Mung Wed 10-Sep-08 20:23:48

Right, so is anyone coming??????

lucyfer2000 Fri 12-Sep-08 09:36:39

Hi Mung, sorry to hear that your mum has been in hospital. I'm sure she will amaze you soon - my nan was like supergran after her hip operation(though i'm sure she took a bit of recovery time - can't remember now, it was ages ago - she's due for another!!).

I really want to go to the Salsa thing next Saturday - so will definitely make sure I am in a fit state for it. It would be really nice to go out with people locally (instead of travelling all the way to Kent or Somerset!!) Shall attempt not to drink too many cocktails on Friday night hmm

Shall we all head down together??

lucyfer2000 Fri 12-Sep-08 09:40:39

By the way pooter. The salsa thing on Monday nights sounds great but unfortunately Rich plays football on Monday night. The night that the dancing lessons we were having also got changed to Monday nights - that is why we had to stop. Typical isn't it!!

SP can i reiterate - i have no idea how to salsa!!

Mung Fri 12-Sep-08 13:40:12

I can drive as I am doing my detox, so wont be drinking anything but water anyway. I will pick up whoever needs a lift.

Mum is doing fantastically well and looks years younger already. I think the fact that she is sleeping properly has made a massive difference to her life.

SP - are you coming?

Mung Tue 16-Sep-08 14:57:41

I thought I'd bump this back up to the top and see if anyone is interested.

Saz126 Tue 16-Sep-08 21:40:21

I would love to come but it's DS's birthday on Saturday and will probably be clearing up, or still celebrating! Have fun, would love to come along another time. Had a few salsa lessons but remember nothing!

SparklyPrincess Tue 16-Sep-08 21:54:54

Ummm, thinking about it.

Do I need to wear something sparkly?? And heels??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now