Where is the nearest Moroccan restaurant?

(13 Posts)
Mung Wed 13-Aug-08 22:07:54

I really fancy a good Moroccan meal...anyone know if there is a restaurant around these parts? I very much doubt it, but I may as well ask.

Oh...and before you ask...its not a craving and I am not PG.

pooter Thu 14-Aug-08 00:01:54

Ive got a can of chickpeas.grin

Snippety Thu 14-Aug-08 08:27:52

Did a quick net search and the nearest one on Yell.com is in Canterbury or Hampton - 50 miles away !! You might have to DIY wink

Mung Thu 14-Aug-08 14:14:01

My French friends made me a wonderful Couscous last week and it made me long for a good Moroccan meal again. Oh well...I may have to just go for the DIY option.

Saz126 Fri 15-Aug-08 14:22:04

Mung, had a quick search, and this is the closest I could find - in Westcliff, so still a bit of a trek. No idea how good it is. On the last Thursday of every month they do belly dancing classes! ha, would scare everyone if I tried that!

Alf Lay-Lah

MadameCastafiore Fri 15-Aug-08 14:25:23

They do great tinns of Taboules (sp?) in france Mung - I could live off it - well I have to when I go there as their kitchen is a sight to behold!

Go on make it yourself anyone who can make a choccy cheesecake like you can surely make it tasty!

Mung Fri 15-Aug-08 14:38:35

had a name change 'Madame'?

Mung Fri 15-Aug-08 14:39:52

Choccy cheesecake and couscous are not in the same league...I have learned how to make a Tarte Tatin though...and if you are who I think you are, then it make live up to yours!

Saz...my belly dances all alone, no need to go for classes!

MadameCastafiore Fri 15-Aug-08 14:40:04

Oh yep I have someone else nicked mine and used a different number after it - if I am to be rude and annoying I want full credit not someone else taking the blame!

I am supposed to be packing tell me to go do it and stop reading posts on here will you!

Mung Fri 15-Aug-08 14:40:56

Off on holiday? Italy wasn't it? Have a lovely time.

MadameCastafiore Fri 15-Aug-08 14:42:37

Yep tomorrow can't wait but the packing can!

Mung Fri 15-Aug-08 14:43:18

Go on...get it done and then you can come on here guilt free smile

Saz126 Fri 15-Aug-08 14:46:56

So jealous. Have a great time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now