Free parking in Colchester?

(8 Posts)
AllBuggiedOut Wed 06-Aug-08 09:12:58

Is there anywhere to park for free to get into town? I used to use Leisure World car park but obviously they've now started charging. Thanks!

Dynamicnanny Wed 06-Aug-08 12:10:32

I always try and park in some residential roads in Lexden, otherwise there are a couple of free spaces near Guntons/Tesco Metro etc Or you could always park somewhere like St Michaels Estate/Tolgate then buy a rover on the bus for £2.80 which might be cheaper.

AllBuggiedOut Thu 07-Aug-08 14:46:33

Thanks - how long would it take me to walk to the shops from Lexden?

Dynamicnanny Fri 08-Aug-08 01:15:12

Not long - if you park as far away as Park Road about 10 minutes but you might be able to find roads much closer such as beverly road, creafiled road or oxford road it would be quicker or you could jump on a bus for a quick hop

purpleflower Fri 08-Aug-08 12:17:27

The range and pets at home/halfords are still free and not much further than leisure world.

AllBuggiedOut Fri 08-Aug-08 17:07:29

Thanks, that's really useful. I think the bus would be more trouble than it was worth if it's only 10 mins or so (especially with all 3 boys, ages 6 months, 2 and 4...) grin

Mung Mon 11-Aug-08 15:59:43

I always park around Lexden, near the Essex County hospital. The walk in is fine, if you have a child in a buggy. My DS cannot walk into town and back again though.

Mung Mon 11-Aug-08 16:05:44

I always park around Lexden, near the Essex County hospital. The walk in is fine, if you have a child in a buggy. My DS cannot walk into town and back again though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now