Anyone want to come for coffee on Thurs?

(33 Posts)
JentlyDoesIt Mon 04-Aug-08 08:27:16

I shall be brave and host! I can't promise coffee as good as Mung's or cakes as good as Twinkle's but I can provide a garden to play in and lots of my biscuits!

Anyone free? Can do either a.m or p.m, whichever suits the majority.

Twinkie1 Mon 04-Aug-08 08:29:20

Should be ok for me - although you will have to send me your address!

DSs spots have gone now - we have decided it was either the most weak case of chicken pox in the world as none of the spots blistered they just faded away or it wasn't chicken pox at all - shall make sure he is totally free of any kind of bug before we turn u though!

Mung Mon 04-Aug-08 09:05:50

Sorry...have friends arriving today and staying for a week. I'll be around the week after for a meet up though.

Glad DS is OK Twinkie.

JentlyDoesIt Mon 04-Aug-08 11:16:05

Cool, have fun with your friends Mung

Twinkie, I'll CAT you my address Glad DS is better too.

pooter Mon 04-Aug-08 15:33:14

Hi Jently - i'll probably be able to come - my mum might be coming though - dont know yet. Having excitedly gone out and bought the ingredients for your biccies, i was plied with so much cake and choccie at the weekend (it was my thirty&*£$"! birthday) that i feel too sick to make them!!

Would you be able to send twinkie my email address - im too much of a cheapskate to have CAT!

hope to see you soon xx

JentlyDoesIt Mon 04-Aug-08 16:12:00

Course I will - happy birthday by the way!

You are more than welcome to bring your mum along too if you like

Saz126 Mon 04-Aug-08 21:00:47

Hi Jently, would love to come. Are you a walk away from station or would I need to get a bus?

The only thing is my niece is coming to stay this Thurs, is it OK if I bring her along? She has just finished a childcare course and starting a job at a nursery next month so we can put our feet up while she entertains DC's! he he!!

Saz126 Mon 04-Aug-08 21:03:16

Happy Birthday Pooter, you know that thirty something is the new twenty something, that's what I keep telling myself!

MissisBoot Mon 04-Aug-08 21:14:30

DD has her settling in days at nursery this and next week so am making the most of the free time! DH also has his rest day on Thursday so we're actually going to spend some time together!

MissisBoot Mon 04-Aug-08 21:14:58

I've had a name change - its sophierosie!

JentlyDoesIt Tue 05-Aug-08 14:24:05

Hi all,

Saz that's fine, the more the merrier and yes, she can practise all she likes on mine. You will need to get the bus from the station. You can get either the 66, 67 or 8. Ask for the Normandy Avenue stop (that's my road), bus will prob take about 20 mins.

Is thursday afternoon ok for all? Then DS can enjoy seeing you all too. I will be back from picking him up at 1.30.

No worries Missisboot, you enjoy your time with DH!

Twinkie01 Tue 05-Aug-08 14:24:51

Saz - I can give you a lift if you want.

JentlyDoesIt Tue 05-Aug-08 14:26:47

Twinkie, have just CAT you Pooter's email. Plus, did you get my address the other day?

Twinkie01 Tue 05-Aug-08 14:27:59

Yep I have your address.

My handyman on hols at mo but am seeing his daughter next weekend and will give you his phone number then.

Saz126 Tue 05-Aug-08 14:48:14

Twinkie is that you? I thought you were Twinkie1, or are there two of you?

Twinkie01 Tue 05-Aug-08 14:58:10

Yep is me - have been messing around with thoughts of changing name but couldn't think of anything and then must have put the wrong one back!

Twinkie1 Tue 05-Aug-08 15:00:24

See tis me - am also Twinkie but can't remember what email I was using then and my password!

Saz126 Tue 05-Aug-08 15:18:19

Ah good, thought we had an imposter! A lift would be great, but we won't all fit if I bring niece will we? Although she is tiny and will probably squeeze in very small gap.

Twinkie1 Tue 05-Aug-08 15:21:16

Yep she will fit in between the 2 seats in back - I have and I am not tiny!

You will have to bring DSs car seat though as I only have 1 DD has hers at Brownie camp!

Saz126 Tue 05-Aug-08 15:59:57

OK, no probs, do you want me to come to you? I can carry car seat and niece can walk DS. Or you come to us? Whichever easy for you.

lucyfer2000 Tue 05-Aug-08 22:05:48

Hi Jently,

I would have loved to come round for coffee on Thursday. I too have visitors this week though. Feels like a bit of a hotel at the moment actually!. Mum arrived on Saturday and leaves at 3.30 on thursday - then my friend from Bristol turns up (also around 3.30 on Thursday!) Friend leaves at 3.30 on Saturday - and enter brother who is staying saturday - sunday!! Bloody hope it doesn't rain too much or else I shall never get all the sheets dry!

Hope to see everyone soon though!

Twinkie1 Wed 06-Aug-08 08:00:27

Saz what number are you? I will come and get you.

Jently I will try and make a pavlova or something if I get time and am feeling better - I am on a carb free diet for the next 10 days (so no biscuits for me!) till I go away and running at the gym every other day like a loon hoping that I won't look such a sack of shit in a bikini!!!

SparklyPrincess Wed 06-Aug-08 09:53:48

Hi Jently, would love to come!

Could you email me your address? SP4369 @ googlemail.com

See you tomorrow at as near to 1.30 as I can manage! Will probably walk over so I guess it depends how far away you are (assuming you're in town!)

JentlyDoesIt Wed 06-Aug-08 10:54:28

Hi all,

Sparkly, have emailed you!

Twinkie - have grapes and bananas in for you! A pavlova or whatever you can manage would be fab

No worries Lucyfer, good luck with the sheet washing!

Purpleflower is coming too, so there should be lots of us

Saz126 Wed 06-Aug-08 11:44:59

Twinkie, I am number 6, a couple of houses down on the right. What time shall we be ready?

Jently, can we bring anything? As you know I am no baker but can buy something if we need anymore cakes? Not that I eat cakes of course ha ha!

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now