OK I have 4 bags of clothes to get rid of - anyone know any good causes?

(10 Posts)
Twinkie1 Fri 01-Aug-08 13:34:20

Right guys - I have 4 bags of clothes to get rid of - all wearable womens stuff - size 12 or 14 - some casual stuff and some smart stuff - any idea of anyone in need or any local charities, womens aid places etc that might be grateful of it?

sophierosie Fri 01-Aug-08 14:15:17

I'd love to take some off your hands - I'm starting a new job on 1st september and am panicking about finding a new work wardrobe - in my last job I could just go in in jeans so haven't had to worry about it - all my old work stuff has been charity shopped as didn't fit me post pregnancy shock

I've given stuff to the womans refuge before so can pass any off if you need to make space!

Twinkie1 Fri 01-Aug-08 14:17:23

Right sophierose when can you come and get them? (ASAP - being the naswer I was hoping for!) They are all here ready - am giving a few to a neighbour for a charity thing but have the rest all in bags ready for you!

Please don't laugh at dodgy fashion sense though!

sophierosie Fri 01-Aug-08 14:21:45

Ha Ha! Actually I could probably pop down tomorrow morning or sunday morning.

Is your ds feeling a bit better now?

Twinkie1 Fri 01-Aug-08 14:23:00

He is fine - just the spots no temp now or anything like that!

Will have everything ready for you - do you have any idea of what time - I am planning to go and try and shift some flab at the gym tomorrow and sunday - really need to shift flab!!!!

sophierosie Fri 01-Aug-08 14:33:59

Bless him - DD is off to the in-laws tomorrow for the day and I'm just waiting to hear whether they're going to pick her up or if I need to drop her off so if they pick her up I could be at yours by 10am? If I have to drop her off it's be more like 11am. Or could pop by early afternoon - whenever's best for you.

I'm planning to join the gym once I start this job - although spent all morning running round the beach with DD but counteracted all the exercise with chips for lunch! Small portion though

Twinkie1 Fri 01-Aug-08 14:39:32

He he - chips are my downfall I am afraid!

I will go tot he gym in the morning so maybe around 1pm if that is ok?

Think DS and DH might go out to the golf club them too!

sophierosie Fri 01-Aug-08 14:43:08

Great - I'll pop over then - saves rushing around in the morning!

See you then!

MissisBoot Sat 02-Aug-08 20:32:00

Thanks so much for the cuppa and clothes - have had a quick look through and spotted some tops and trousers that'll be great for work! Will forward the rest on to the womens refuge.

Catch up soon!

Twinkie1 Sun 03-Aug-08 10:25:22

Thanks love - was lovely to see you and your new car!!!

Hopefully see you next week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now