Biscuit recipe

(11 Posts)
JentlyDoesIt Thu 31-Jul-08 17:36:32

is here

Happy cooking - try not to eat them all before they go on the wire rack...

lucyfer2000 Thu 31-Jul-08 20:10:59

OOh thanks jently!! shall definitely give me something to do tomorrow now. I can see them becoming a regular!

pooter Thu 31-Jul-08 21:23:36

yum yum yum - am off to asda for ingredients!

Mung Thu 31-Jul-08 21:26:55

Found it...it wasn't that hard to hunt out after all.

I love MN...how fab is that recipe section. Never seen it before.

Dynamicnanny Thu 31-Jul-08 21:56:35

Guessing they're tasty then

MrsMagooo Sat 02-Aug-08 14:20:41

Yum, yum, yum!!

Hope they turn as nice as yours when I give them a go wink

Mung Mon 11-Aug-08 16:11:17

Right...I gave these a go and they were no where near as good as your Jently. I think I went wrong on two things...whilst trying to 'soften' the butter, it melted and I made them different sizes (probably way too large really). Any other top tips for success would be greatfully received.

DS gets a rash when he eats egg, so its great to find a biscuit without any in, so I would like to actually make them well.

pooter Mon 11-Aug-08 17:11:55

Mung!! I had the same experience - Tried them twice as i was sure id made a mistake, but they went chewy, not all delicious and crumbly and nothing like Jentlys lovely biccies at all!

Im thinking Jently needs to do a demonstration for us! (bagsy being taster!)

JentlyDoesIt Tue 12-Aug-08 20:51:46

I suggested to Pooter that she makes sure the butter is nice and soft but not runny also try adding a couple of drops of vanilla extract and a tiny pinch of salt. Don't ask but it can help

I am happy to do home demos

Mung Mon 18-Aug-08 15:41:55

Thats it...I am giving up. This batch not only look horrid, but they taste pretty awful too. I will stick to what I know (and I must say that my repertoire is fairly limited and really could do with a little expansion...but hey ho)and can do.

Snippety Mon 18-Aug-08 23:05:39

I made them on Saturday. The dough seemed a little dry so I added about a tbspn of milk. I also left out the chips at my husband's request. Mine were nice - not like the original (as Pooter will testify smile) and very crispy but yummy none the less. I also enjoyed eating the raw dough grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now