We did it! [grin]

(25 Posts)
pooter Sun 27-Jul-08 17:13:41

Well, Im assuming that the other three did, as they left me in their dust about 20meters into the race!!

Running outside is SOOO much harder than on a treadmill in a lovely air conditioned gym!! I managed to do it in 50mins, which although poor, it was my target!

I hope Mung, Saz and SP aren't aching as much as I am! I felt really pleased to have done it!

Make it a date for next year??

Dynamicnanny Sun 27-Jul-08 20:42:09

Well Done!!!

Saz126 Sun 27-Jul-08 20:50:35

Hi Pooter! 50 mins excellent as it was sooooo hot, I have never been so hot in my life. My Mum came to congratulate me and I couldn't even speak, just desperate for cold water!
I did it in 31 minutes 25 secs, which was quicker than I thought I'd do it. I really thought there were a ton of people in front but DH reckoned I was only maybe 400th or so ha ha.
Not aching yet, but can't wait til tomorrow.
Def up for next year and have persuaded my Mum to do the next one too...he he...

sophierosie Sun 27-Jul-08 20:53:16

Gosh - well done - I am full of admiration for you all especially in todays heat!

Saz126 Sun 27-Jul-08 20:53:51

BTW, Mung finished just ahead of Linford Christie. I bet she had shredded wheat for breakfast this morning!

lucyfer2000 Sun 27-Jul-08 21:26:02

You guys are amazing!! Well done! grin

It was so hot today that after doing the vacuming i decided that i was doing nothing more strenuous than watching the kids in the paddling pool!!

Mung Sun 27-Jul-08 21:34:41

A good bowl of porridge for breakfast in the Mung household.

I will suffer tomorrow, I can already feel the aching.

It was so hot and I was absolutely shattered this afternoon.

Glad we did it though.

purpleflower Sun 27-Jul-08 21:53:26

Well done!! smile

SparklyPrincess Sun 27-Jul-08 21:59:31

Hiya - well done as I didn't get to congratulate you in person after the race!

I'm still really, really hot even now! Not aching yet, but we'll see...

Up for next year - I did mention doing the castle park one as it might be cooler, but there's a chance that'll clash with the marathon that Dave wants to do so I'll have to hold off on that!

Mung Mon 28-Jul-08 14:58:49

I am so sore today...ouch.

Saz126 Mon 28-Jul-08 15:18:56

I'm not surprised speedy!

I'm not aching yet...uh oh...reckon it will be ultra painful tomorrow then!

Mung Mon 28-Jul-08 15:19:53

Its the stairs...it hurts so much to go down. I hope you get away without any aches.

SparklyPrincess Mon 28-Jul-08 15:30:22

Exactly what I was thinking, Saz!

I'm ok as well - will probably be keeping quiet tomorrow though! Hope it gets a bit better soon, Mung!

Twinkie1 Mon 28-Jul-08 15:41:46

Ha ha you nutters - I vowed after doing it around this time the year before last on Blackheath Common in hightemps that I would do another one in the winter!

Glad you all managed to finish and you are all feeling the rewards today!

SparklyPrincess Mon 28-Jul-08 16:51:28

Says on the gazette website that it was 27 degrees!

Apparently there are 3 whole pages of pictures in tomorrows edition

Mung Mon 28-Jul-08 20:45:29

Its getting worse...arghhhhhhh

SparklyPrincess Tue 29-Jul-08 20:08:51

So has anyone been out again yet??

[smug face] I did!

Maybe we should start a thread for training for next year?!

pooter Tue 29-Jul-08 20:19:09

I have! And by 'out' i mean 'in'!! I did 5mins x 4 which is the most ive run in one go!

So whats next? grin

Saz126 Tue 29-Jul-08 21:16:59

No way you two! That's impressive! I'm not sure I'll have time to go this week but really want to keep it up as I am rather liking my slightly firmer thigh area!

SparklyPrincess Tue 29-Jul-08 22:16:03

Well done, pooter! I found the 5 mins a real psychological boost. Not sure why, somehow seems more than a 'few minutes' ... or something...

I did a short-ish run (shorter than Sunday, anyway!), did about 2 and a half miles, felt quite easy but I think that was the ambient temperature that made the difference! Going for the 3.1 on friday - dh is coming with me, thinking of making him hop to slow him down!

I'll nag you into keeping it up if you like, Saz! Did you get away with the aches and pains? I've been ok, legs were getting a bit heavy running tonight, but otherwise fine.

Still worried about what to do to keep myself going over the winter. Would like to have a 5k to do in the spring - not going to be able to get out as much though as I HATE running in the dark! Really want to do a 10k next autumn, there's a cancer research series that they do in September/October in the grounds of stately homes and suchlike.

Saz126 Thu 31-Jul-08 08:39:43

Yes, please nag me SP!!! No aches and pains, quite bizarre!

Our photos are up on Marathon Photos. You just need your bib number. Mine are scary!

www.marathon-photos.com

Go to search by event name and just enter Colchester.

Mung Thu 31-Jul-08 12:54:12

Anyone know my bib number? Its already gone for recycling.

Mung Thu 31-Jul-08 14:19:19

Its OK...I went through them all from 2000 and eventually found myself. I passed Pooter and was pleased to see you in full running stride smile

pooter Thu 31-Jul-08 17:10:41

well it was near the end and there were lots of cheering spectators - i couldnt just walk could i?? plu i knew the photographer was there!!

now where's jently's biccy recipe?

Mung Thu 31-Jul-08 21:25:48

If you find the recipe can you point me in the right direction?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now