Good news Twinkie!

(19 Posts)
Saz126 Thu 24-Jul-08 13:51:47

Waitrose is coming to Colchester!

Gazette News

Dynamicnanny Thu 24-Jul-08 14:35:55

Yay!!

SparklyPrincess Thu 24-Jul-08 16:04:49

Damn, I had my fingers crossed they'd buy up the empty focus on petrolea close!

Great news though!

sophierosie Thu 24-Jul-08 16:48:16

Hurrah!

Dior Thu 24-Jul-08 17:03:44

Message withdrawn

Saz126 Thu 24-Jul-08 20:53:04

So excited! How sad am I! We can't afford Waitrose prices but I am still excited. I love those Little Dish ready meals they stock and I can't find them anywhere else. Although to be fair I haven't looked that hard for them elsewhere - just a good excuse to go to Waitrose!

Twinkie1 Fri 25-Jul-08 19:12:17

Saz - I know - they are already delivering to Kelvedon - they emailed me to tell me as I had asked to know when they got their act together - had my first delivery last night!

Twinkie1 Fri 25-Jul-08 19:14:48

Ha ha - just told DH - he said he wished he could do something to make me look so excited!!! {wink]

pooter Fri 25-Jul-08 19:23:32

I have never been to a waitrose - having spent most of my life up north/midlands.

Have i wasted most of my life?? grin

Saz126 Fri 25-Jul-08 22:37:52

Ha ha Twinkie! So sad that the highlight of my week was the Waitrose news!
Yes Pooter you have missed out, such yummy food yummy yummy scrummy...

Twinkie1 Sun 27-Jul-08 10:30:30

Do you think if I apply now to be a Beeper lady (till lady) I will be able to get a job - I even like the green uniform much better than that common Tesco Tartan!

Pooter - the food is lovely it is so worth going in there or looking on their internet site - I have never had any crap food from there and even their own branded stuff is better than some branded items and they are very hot on recycling and the guy who comes to drop off your shopping with ocado comes into your kitchen to drop it off so you on;t have to carry it - it is perfection in a pretty lorry!

MrsMagooo Sun 27-Jul-08 13:15:15

I got excited when DH told me the Somerfield in Clacton is to become a Sainsburys blush

They do the most gorgeous Trofile slow cooked pasta & it's the only shop I can get it in!

MIL is hoping Jamie Oliver will pop down to open it wink

JentlyDoesIt Mon 28-Jul-08 11:36:46

Mmm Waitrose! Got DS's christening and birthday cakes from their order thing.

Saz - tesco do Little Dish stuff - DS loves the curry!

Saz126 Mon 28-Jul-08 12:24:43

Oh do they? The Tesco in Colchester? I've not been to that one before, only smaller one in Tiptree.

Twinkie1 Mon 28-Jul-08 12:42:30

Saz I can get you some delivered with my shopping if you let me know what ones you want from the ocado website!

Saz126 Mon 28-Jul-08 20:12:24

Thanks Twinkie! Will let you know when I need some, I guess you have a delivery every week then? Just had a look on the website, very tempted to use them, colour coded bags too for freezer, fridge and cupboard items! And it will stop DH moaning about having to go shopping...

Twinkie1 Mon 28-Jul-08 20:32:55

Its brill saz and no more expensive than tescos - write a meal plan and stick to it and I bet yuo will save money!

Saz126 Mon 28-Jul-08 21:20:07

DH has just agreed to try it out for a few weeks! Are the use-by dates ok though? If we order meat will it be in date for at least a few days or will they give you the stuff that's about to run out? Just that I would want to use it for a full weeks shop as is cheaper on the delivery that way.

Twinkie1 Tue 29-Jul-08 10:00:48

The use by dates are better than tescos and the food sooooo much nicer.

Ooooooohhhhhh go on get on the ocado trip and change your shopping habits forever!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now