used bikes

(15 Posts)
lucyfer2000 Wed 23-Jul-08 20:56:30

Does anyone know anywhere that I can buy a second hand bike locally. Some sort of local second bike shop??? (to state the flaming obvious!!)

I really want to do some cycling to the shops etc.

Also sophierosie and mrsmagoo do you happen to know if the police still do bike auctions with the bikes that they can't find owners for??

Ta xx

sophierosie Wed 23-Jul-08 21:24:18

Have you tried freecycle? They have lots on there that get snapped up quickly but if you put a wanted up you may get one!

I'm after one too so if you get two offers can you pass one to me!

sophierosie Wed 23-Jul-08 21:35:52

Or you could try the auctions here I've been meaning to go up but never found an opportunity to go without dd who may cause chaos!

MrsMagooo Wed 23-Jul-08 21:57:21

DH says he's pretty sure they do still auction them off - he's back in Friday so he'll double check for you

lucyfer2000 Sun 27-Jul-08 21:24:14

Thanks guys, I shall look into freecycle. Auction sounds great fun - not sure how much else i would come home with though!!

Let me know if you find out anything else MrsMagoo smile

purpleflower Sun 27-Jul-08 21:34:36

Have you tried the bootsales? I'm sure I've seen them there before.

MrsMagooo Tue 29-Jul-08 05:23:50

Will remind DH to see if he can find out today for you

Twinkie1 Wed 30-Jul-08 08:24:33

How much do you have Lucy to spend on one?

They have an offer in the next directory for 2 adult bikes for £180 - they look really good and I want one but DH doesn't!

lucyfer2000 Thu 31-Jul-08 07:34:01

Hi Twinkie,

can you bring the catalogue with you today and we can have a look??

Ta smile

Twinkie1 Thu 31-Jul-08 08:32:21

May be there later around 12.30 lucyifer as DS has a doctors appointment to clear up whether he has chickenpox or an allergic reaction to something!

I will stick it in the car anyway - if you can look on Next.co.uk

Tx

Twinkie1 Thu 31-Jul-08 12:06:20

Sorry Luc - didn't come as Dr confirmed that DS has got Chickenpox again!

Irf you take a look on the next website and let me know what you want to do.

Jx

lucyfer2000 Thu 31-Jul-08 20:14:11

Aaaw what a shame!! That is just not fair! Hope he doen't feel too rotten...

I shall have a look on the next website and have a look on freecycle and let you know shortly!

Do you know much about bikes?? is it a good one? I know absolutely nothing about makes a good bike. I would quite like to be able to fit a little trailer on the back though so it has to be quite strong...

Hope your boy is feeling better soon xx

lucyfer2000 Thu 31-Jul-08 21:13:02

Hi again,

i'm not sure that they have the same offer on the website twinks. Would you mind having a look - it may be me being dense as usual but all i can see is the one bike for £180 and you have to pick if you want male or female??

Mung Wed 27-Aug-08 09:14:29

I asked my friend about the second hand bikes Lucyfer.... check this out, you may find something you are interested in.

lucyfer2000 Thu 28-Aug-08 09:07:15

Thanks Mung - shall give them a ring this week and see if they have any suggestions smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now