Can anyone recommend me an osteopath?

(13 Posts)
sophierosie Fri 18-Jul-08 20:13:39

My back has been absolutely killing me recently and I've noticed that my posture is getting really out of line so want to do something about it. Doctors are no good and don't seem to be able to refer so I thought I'd have try seeing an osteopath.

Does anyone have any personal recommendations for colchester area?

Thanks

Sawyer64 Fri 18-Jul-08 20:20:49

Mr Sharp in Oaks Drive opp. Essex County is who DH would recommend.

Tryhere

Sawyer64 Fri 18-Jul-08 20:23:13

Link didn't work properly but if you type in Colchester or postcode,in this link, his name "Gregory Sharp" was listed with contact details. HTH.

sophierosie Sat 19-Jul-08 09:08:23

Thank you! Will give him a call on monday!

pooter Tue 22-Jul-08 00:06:13

Theres the mersea road osteopath clinic - i took DS there when he was v little (jumping on the bandwagon really as all my NCT mates did it - we were just scaredy first time mums i think) and there is a v. nice looking young man with a good rep - oh what is his name, Edward!. I know a couple of people who see him regularly.

Nice to see you today sr by the way!!

Saz126 Tue 22-Jul-08 08:57:36

We went to Edward with DS - he is lovely! DH accused me of fancying him, and couldn't deny. I was thinking of making up imaginary back complaint so that I could go and see him he he...

JentlyDoesIt Tue 22-Jul-08 20:34:48

I used a fabulous chap out in East Bergholt. His name is Karl Mogenson (pronounced Murgenson - he's swedish I think). He is delightful, haven't been to him since before DS but that's a good recommendation! He is more expensive but made me better in 2 x £45 visits - Mersea Rd did nothing in 7 x £30 visits - sorry!

However, my SIL has seen Edward at Mersea Rd and can agree with the lovely-ness!

sophierosie Wed 23-Jul-08 20:14:55

Gosh I'm tempted to go and check Edward out after all those recommendations

Saz126 Wed 23-Jul-08 20:16:55

Ooh he's lovely Sophierosie...swoon swoon...

pooter Wed 23-Jul-08 20:22:40

yes, do you remember on Friends when Rachel went out with her assistant Tag??? HEs Tag!

lucyfer2000 Wed 23-Jul-08 20:50:02

How funny! I wonder if he realises what an effect he has on these yummy mummys!!!

It reminds me of a good looking anaethetist at Bristol hospital. He did everyones epidurals and so whenever you get chatting to someone in the area who has had a c-section all they can talk about is the amazingly dishy doctor. I thought he must be an angel when I was thirty hours into my labour and he took away the pain!!

Funnily enough i was going to book an osteopath appointment also (honest!!) Sophierosie - it was your yoga friend that recommended one in Clacton. However, I still haven't got around to booking it because it is such a way out.

I may well give one of these more local ones a try - do need to do something as sciatica refuses to go away.

sophierosie Wed 23-Jul-08 20:52:09

Do you think they might wonder where we're all coming from! My friend also gave me the same rec but like you say its a bit far to go.

You enjoying the yoga lucyfer - I haven't been for ages - hopefully I should be able to get started again in September - N is lovely too!

lucyfer2000 Wed 23-Jul-08 20:59:44

I LOVE the yoga thanks! So glad you gave me her number. I'm just gutted that there are no more classes until the summer - but I am practicing at home!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now