HELP! i have volunteered to organise something and am now scared no one will come and i will make a complete hash of it!!

(68 Posts)
pooter Mon 30-Jun-08 08:17:52

Hello!

Its a picnic, on Mon 21st July - but to raise awareness of the government's intention to pass a very odd law regarding breastfeeding.

You dont need to be bf to come - just supportive of a babys right to have food when its hungry!

there are lots of picnics being organised all over the country by mumsnetters

have a look at this website - which makes things a lot clearer than i can!

protect my baby, protect me

So - its NOT a protest, just a picnic, but i will invite the local papers and issue a press release (the same as the other groups)

im scared. will it just be me and DS and a limp sandwich???

Sawyer64 Mon 30-Jun-08 08:35:12

Is your picnic in parliament Square or a local one?

MummyLovesPrams Mon 30-Jun-08 08:38:39

Deep breathes hun,

I'm sure you will have a huge turn out!!

Where are you holding it?

pooter Mon 30-Jun-08 08:53:21

oh THANKYOU for replyeing sawyer and MLP!!
its in colchester somewhere - have only just this min volunteered so no more details exist!
I always mean to volunteer for these kinds of things then never do - so its about time i put my money where my mouth is. Doesnt stop it being scary though!!!

Sawyer64 Mon 30-Jun-08 08:56:08

Well I'm sure all the Colchester Local Mumsnetters will be out in force to support you if they possibly can. Count me in !

pooter Mon 30-Jun-08 08:58:46

YEY!!!!! I will stuff you full of cake!! Hmm, perhaps cake shaped like boobs!! Actually cakes ARE shaped like boobs. litte cupcakes with a glace cherry! is that going too far? Have i gone mad already?

eenybeeny Mon 30-Jun-08 09:50:34

I will be there - hopefully a MNer can give me and DS a lift as I know you will be too busy to pick us up! But I will make it there even if I have to take a bus but if I do I would REALLY appreciate it if someone met us at the bus stop as I dont know Colchester well at all and get lost every time I go! But you can count me in. Let me know if you want help with any of the organising too!

What is the law that we are out in force against? I read the link (well... skimmed over it) but I couldnt quite work it out. Dont worry you will rise to the challenge!!! And we will support you!

SparklyPrincess Mon 30-Jun-08 09:51:32

I'll be there as well, pooter

pooter Mon 30-Jun-08 11:10:17

Oh thanks so much everyone!! Was it the cakes??

MummyLovesPrams Mon 30-Jun-08 12:31:53

Loving the idea for the cakes Pooter - fabo!!

pooter Mon 30-Jun-08 12:49:53

oh good MLP - i will make them again so you can have one after your little one makes an appearance! I must say i admire you for hosting a meetup when you are about to drop! Maybe i will be the same second time around - for DS i was ringing DH every time i felt odd for a couple of months before i actually gave birth!

purpleflower Mon 30-Jun-08 13:03:16

I'm in

MummyLovesPrams Mon 30-Jun-08 13:06:40

Ooo yum yum!!

I don't mind hosting it as I don't have go to far he hee - getting out the house is another issue lol!!

Little Man is now 2/5ths engaged & I feel soooooooooo heavy at the min - 5 weeks to go & counting lol!!

pooter Mon 30-Jun-08 13:40:50

yipeee - i have six people coming (including myself and my friend i havent told yet!!) thanks purple one smile

eenybeeny Mon 30-Jun-08 15:26:05

it was definitely the cakes that sold me! wink

Mung Mon 30-Jun-08 17:03:38

I'll try and get there too. My bfeeding friend may be able to come too.

Pooter-have you checked your emails? If you havent got one from me, can you email me at : hjscho at hotmail dot com

pooter Mon 30-Jun-08 18:25:51

yipee - that makes 8 potential cake eaters! yep - im that good at maths!

roll up roll up come and get your boob shaped cakes here....grin

Dynamicnanny Mon 30-Jun-08 19:43:38

I'll come if I can get to it - keep us posted

pooter Mon 30-Jun-08 19:55:38

yay! cheers DN - that's 9......

lucyfer2000 Mon 30-Jun-08 20:00:52

Hi Pooter

I would definitely come along to support your breast feeding picnic!! Unfortunately Monday is a work day for me so I won't be able to. I'm sure that it will be a success though and good on you for organising it - that certainly takes some courage especially when you are inviting the papers!!

Love the idea of booby cakes by the way! - you HAVE to do that!!

xx

becklespeckle Wed 02-Jul-08 00:01:54

I would like to come too (if I'm not butting in and assuming no kid's sports days and such that day), it is a good cause (and an odd law too) and I would love to meet some local MNetters.

Wd be coming on A134 from Sudbury so if you are anywhere near there Eenybeeny then I would be happy to give you a lift.

pooter Wed 02-Jul-08 11:49:41

Yay for beckespeckle!! We are now into double figures!! Incidentally i practiced making boob-like fairy cakes yesterday and decided i need muffin tins not little fairy cake tins!! They were approximately a small 'B' cup. I made 12. DH ate three. DS bit into one then threw it in the mud. There are no cakes left.......blush

lotuseener Thu 03-Jul-08 11:57:57

Please count me and ds in. Please let me know if there is anything I can bring/do to help. Thank you for organzing this.

becklespeckle Thu 03-Jul-08 14:15:26

ditto with the anything you need...

JentlyDoesIt Thu 03-Jul-08 14:49:44

We'll be there! DS has nursery on the Monday morning but if it's a lunchtime thing I will bring him out early! That makes 3 of us for cake I'll have to eat DD's for her obviously!

I'll make some if you like. Nigella does a cherry chocolate cupcake with cherries on the top...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now