Swimming birthday party venues in central London recommendations ?

(14 Posts)
pickyourselfupandtryagain Mon 16-Oct-17 22:39:09

Hey all,

Incredibly stuck with what to do for DS 8th Birthday. Especially since London's venue prices are expensive.

We've settled on a swimming pool party but can anyone recommend a swimming pool which has slides and/or Inflatables ? The Queen mother sports centre in Victoria has a slide...but that's about it. We've looked at tons of leisure centres but none offer inflatables and none have slides (which the Queen Mother does).

Any recommendations ?

Thank you.

ToffeePenny Mon 30-Oct-17 13:59:34

We did queen mother (note - you need quite a few ‘volunteer’ adults in the pool at all times and these come out of the max number allowed in the pool) and we’re pleased with it but I’ve heard good things about the inflatable course at London Aquatics

butteredbarmbrack Mon 30-Oct-17 22:19:44

Aquatic Centre at the Queen Elizabeth (Olympic) Park may be worth a look, if getting there works for you. I think they do birthday packages now, or a friend of ours just booked kids into a weekend inflatable session and then there are plenty of eating options in the Westfield shopping centre just about next door.

pickyourselfupandtryagain Mon 30-Oct-17 23:11:16

Thank you Butter.

I did look there and it does look good ! But I'm not sure if the parent's will travel 40 mins to the venue ? Is it worth it ?

berliozwooler Tue 31-Oct-17 17:18:04

Also at Cannon St/Queen St, Rebecca. Cyclists coming at you from all directions across the pavement, 20 at a time. It's bad planning but sometimes it's bad, aggressive cycling too.

berliozwooler Tue 31-Oct-17 17:18:50

Sorry wrong thread. Stupid navigation on phonr.

butteredbarmbrack Wed 01-Nov-17 18:49:13

Sorry, just saw your question! Loads to do round the Olympic Park and at Westfield to make a longer visit of it than just the swimming. Swimming plus run round one of the playgrounds in the park plus lunch/birthday tea in Westfield makes for quite a good day out (though Aquatic Centre may also offer party room/food these days?)

We live SW London but head over that way once or twice a year. We took the tube first few times, but more recently tend to drive and park at Westfield; easier particularly if you're bringing swimming togs. Though when we took four friends for BMXing a the park for DD1's birthday we took the tube (wouldn't have fitted everyone in the car!)

SandyBeachandtheDeckchairs Wed 01-Nov-17 21:15:10

We had my dd's party at the aquatic centre, fabulous! so much fun and the lifeguards were lovely. One of my daughters friends was a bit nervous but lifeguard made her feel really safe. If you cross over the bridge and go to the cafe there, they have a table with 3 bench seats round it which I could have reserved for a birthday tea. Instead the weather was so nice we just had a picnic on the grass. We got the tube there and back. 8 children and 3 adults. No need for us to go in thankfully. It was absolutely lovely and I would definitely recommend it.

pickyourselfupandtryagain Thu 02-Nov-17 11:35:56

I decided to do the pool party at Queens Mother sad. Simply because the party wouldn't be exclusive to the party kids and. Plus, I've heard the Aqua Splash sessions have quite long queues (though this may be quieter in the winter period).

butteredbarmbrack Fri 03-Nov-17 07:01:55

Hope it goes well!

Emese84f Sun 05-Nov-17 17:54:00

We have just been in Coral Reef and it's amazing . I saw a birthday party there and was thinking to do ot there for my daughter. It's kt central London but no too far either and I guess everyone would drive their child to the party anyway.....
It's also cheap , we are a family of 4 and paid £30 .

babybarrister Sun 05-Nov-17 22:19:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SandyBeachandtheDeckchairs Tue 07-Nov-17 06:41:35

Do you mean the one in Bracknell Esme or is there one in London?

Emese84f Tue 07-Nov-17 10:40:59

Yes, that's the one. I don't think they have one in London but it took us 20 min to get there from London.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now