Where to live in Cheshire?

(11 Posts)
smac123 Tue 21-Feb-17 11:29:27

My mum is looking to relocate from Hertfordshire to Cheshire to be nearer to me and help with my family. I'm on the lookout for places for her but it's hard going from where she lives (green - nice self contained town etc) to more urban Manchester/Cheshire - and need advice on where to live. Her requirements are:

- Must be within 30 minute drive max of Chorlton, South Manchester
- They have a decent budget of around £600,000
- Want a detatched house at least 3 bed
-Walking distance of some sort of village centre but with decent amenities e.g. food shops, coffee places, restaurants, a few shops etc not just a pub and post office
- Nearby tennis/golf
- Not too busy/near a road
- Access to green space / leafy feel

Although a decent budget I'm struggling to find anywhere. I'm considering Bramhall, Poynton, and Wilmslow. Any other nice little places?!

Any help and advice hugely appreciated!

CheshireEditor Tue 21-Feb-17 17:22:23

Hi, I'm in Knutsford! With the new motorway link thing open any day now the journey time would be ideal. Fantastic tennis, golf, rugby, athletics, hockey, football clubs. Loads of places to eat/drink. Tatton park on your doorstep. Great schools, Knutsford Academy highest performing high school in Cheshire.....I could go on. We moved from Putney 12 years ago, never looked back!

CheshireEditor Tue 21-Feb-17 17:37:03

PS: Also meant to say my Mum moved here about four years ago, she 67, does all sorts here such as pilates, gardening at Tatton, ceramics at Mid Cheshire College!

Voicesinmyear Tue 21-Feb-17 21:05:34

How about this place in Sandbach?

Eliza22 Tue 21-Feb-17 22:52:51

Sandbach, Nantwich, Delamere, Tarporly...all lovely.

Want2bSupermum Wed 22-Feb-17 02:45:56

How close do you need her to be? 15mins or 30mins+? You have a good budget. I would take a look at Alderly Edge towards Congleton or the other side of the M6 towards Northwich and Sandbach. Tarporley is quite far from Chorlton. It's a lovely village but it really is quite far.

Eliza22 Wed 22-Feb-17 10:54:53

Ah, Chorlton. That's Manchester then. I agree, maybe look at Alderley Edge, Didsbury, Poynton, Bramhall. South Cheshire a bit far out.

Voicesinmyear Wed 22-Feb-17 19:56:45

Agree that Sandbach is further out but it does have its own junction on the M6 and direct trains smile

caffelatte100 Wed 22-Feb-17 20:14:06

Lymm, my parents live there and love it!

Want2bSupermum Thu 23-Feb-17 15:59:39

caffe Lymm is always overlooked for some reason and I think it's because the exit off the M56 is shared with the exit for the M6, which everyone dreads! It is a fabulous town and one that isn't likely to shrink in the future because of its good transportation links/location.

CheshireEditor Thu 23-Feb-17 17:16:02

So you've a lot of choice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now