"Alternative" Primary Schools in Cheshire West?

(4 Posts)
hygge1 Tue 26-Jan-16 16:12:47

Hello everyone,

I turn to you in a last-ditch attempt to find an "alternative" primary school in Cheshire (West ideally). I am after an informal, no uniform, creative, forest-school type setting but no matter how much I search and ask around I cannot find any. Have I just been unable to track it down or does it just not exist?

Many thanks in advance!

CheshireEditor Sat 30-Jan-16 10:03:48

Thanks for your message. I'm in Cheshire West and although a huge area, I have not come across anything like this. Have you phoned Cheshire West and Chester Council as they should have a list of all primary education providers. I've also looked on our education listings which are provided by a national company and can't see anything that fits your request.

Sorry, keep us posted if you find anything.

Cheshire Editor

hygge1 Tue 09-Feb-16 18:26:02

Thank you Cheshire Editor, sorry took long to get in touch. Have looked at the Council list of schools. Will post any revelations! Thanks again.

dbooble123 Wed 10-Feb-16 21:53:14

Hi I totally understand what you are saying about an alternative provision. Is it that you are looking for an alternative provisions because of need to have a special needs provision or that you would just like a bespoke education program ?
I am a qualified teacher with 15 yrs experience of teaching in mainstream and in Special needs and I am a true believer that education in the traditional sense it not for all. I am looking to try and set up a small bespoke alternative education provision but it may take a bit of time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now