Moving to South Cheshire

(5 Posts)
NightLight15 Mon 26-Oct-15 16:22:57

I've posted in property on the main boards but we are considering a move to Cheshire/Shropshire, possibly Welsh borders. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations of nice villages that are commutable to Chester/Wrexham. Looking for a small village lifestyle but we'll need primary schools (private may be an option). Any words of wisdom?

CheshireEditor Tue 27-Oct-15 10:01:38

Hello and welcome to Cheshire!

Would it be OK with yout if I tweet this @mumsnetcheshire and put details on our Facebook page - Mumsnet Cheshire?

It is not an area I am familiar with, but I do know someone in that area so will pop them an email today and ask for some advice.

Hollerback Mon 02-Nov-15 23:19:30

Rossett is lovely. Close to Wrexham and Chester.

Whatbigeyesyouhave Fri 20-Nov-15 12:09:18

Hi. I live near tarporley.

Most of the villages nearby are lovely. And so are the little schools.

But most of them are expensive. If you have the choice, go just across the border in to Wales, you will get a lot more for your money!

NightLight15 Fri 20-Nov-15 12:28:53

Hi Whatbigeyesyouhave. Interesting, Tarporley is somewhere we've considered (despite being kept awake all night by the church clock when we stayed there recently grin). I hear what you're saying about Wales but the school thing worries me there. Perhaps I should take a look at Welsh primary schools. We are currently thinking through our options but I might PM you if that's OK?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now