Should I put my LO in 2 nursery?

(6 Posts)
B00byb00 Fri 07-Aug-15 00:53:27

Hi, I'm new to all this so pls bear with me. Im thinking of putting my child into 2 different nursery and see if he prefers one to another. As my child been going to this nursery for 10mths, he's still not settled in. He goes twice a wk n everytime I pull up to the school he starts crying, I have asked if he can do 3/4 days a wk instead but the nursery is full to its capacity and cannot fit him in anymore days. Therefore that's the reason why I'm thinking he should do 2 days elsewhere and hopefully he can get use to it quicker. U think this is a good idea or would it make it worse for him as he will need to adapt to a new surrounding?? I dnt know what to do, as its heart breaking to drop him off n seeing him like that.

Voicesinmyear Mon 10-Aug-15 20:39:12

What is your gut feeling about this? Do you think he is crying but happy once you leave or is generally unhappy at the nursery? What does his key worker say? Have you thought of trying a childminder instead? A smaller setting might suit him better smile

Voicesinmyear Wed 12-Aug-15 12:32:05

How are you getting on OP? Have you decided anything yet? smile

B00byb00 Wed 12-Aug-15 19:18:43

Dear voiceinmyear.

Thank you for your advice, I've decided to send him to two different nursery. The other one is alot smaller in class size and more days available if I decide to change. The key worker says he settles fine after I leave but in photos they take during the day he is always teary eye, but I know he is fine because when I pick him up he is happy. Hopefully I have made the right choice.

Voicesinmyear Wed 12-Aug-15 20:09:16

Let us know how he gets on. You might find that he settles better in the second nursery and you may want to drop the other altogether smile

CheshireEditor Mon 17-Aug-15 11:44:49

That is good news BOObyBoo, it's hard to know what to do sometimes, but I think giving yourself some options and seeing what works is worth a go. My eldest now 13 cried most times I dropped him off at nursery but he always stopped three seconds after I left and was so happy when I collected him so I knew if was having a good time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now