Moving to Chesire

(9 Posts)
lucysaurus Thu 15-Jan-15 17:17:02

Dear all,
I am currently living in Wimbledon with my two children (7 and 5) and my DH and we want to start a new life outside of London. I grew up in London so I do not know a lot about other places. We want to live somewhere in the countryside perhaps in a small village but still with a reasonable amount of shops nearby. DH needs a commute into London so there needs to be a train. Our budget for the move £1m so money is not an issue. Any help greatly appreciated smile
Thanks x

DrSeuss Thu 15-Jan-15 19:44:45

I recommend the Guilden Sutton- Christleton- Mickle Trafford area, maybe Waverton or Tatton, maybe Knutsford. And there's always Alderley edge if you like WAGS! Chester city is lovely but I must put in a special word for Guilden Sutton since I grew up there.

CheshireEditor Sun 25-Jan-15 16:33:22

Hello Lucysaurus, I lived in Putney for 15 years and then moved to Knutsford about 10 years ago and have loved every minute. MY DH goes to London and a regular basis, train from Crewe is 1.5 hours or so (what is used to take to get from central London to Putney sometimes!), drive from Knutsford to Crewe around 25 mins, or you can go from Wilmslow or Macclesfield although train services not as frequent. You can email me at cheshire@mumsnetlocal.com for more information about Cheshire, Knutsford, Wilmslow and Alderley Edge. No permit parking, driveways, space, sports clubs and activities galore for the children, top notch state schools, I could go on!

Here's is a good house in Knutsford srushton.co.uk/properties?DefaultPage=3&dep=1&radius=5&minbeds=0&minprice=700000&maxprice=1500000

hockeymama Sun 05-Apr-15 17:48:06

Hartford area (Sandiway, Kingsley, Whitegate). All within reach of Hartford station which connects Manchester, Liverpool and London as well as the North.

hockeymama Sun 05-Apr-15 17:49:08

Al have excellent schools including a 4-18 prestigious private day school in Hartford (The Grange).

cheshiremummy9 Mon 21-Sep-15 14:31:39

Hi lucysaurus did you have much luck?

I've lived in Chester for 3 years now after DH moved for work and it’s a lovely area. My DC go to The King’s School in Chester and I can't recommend it highly enough. Both of them are loving it and often come home talking about what they got up to which makes a change from usual teenage grumbles we used to get! My DS is 9 so he is in the Junior school and my DD is in senior, they now also have a new Infants school called Willow Lodge for 4-7 yo which has been great so far.

Otherwise there is Queens which other mums talk highly of but on a downside it's girls only. Both are selective and so your DC would have to sit entrance exams. Or if you are looking for state I hear Christleton High School and Wirral Grammar are very good options.

Best of luck in whatever you end up doing!

All the best,

Cheshiremummy9

cheshiremummy9 Mon 21-Sep-15 14:31:40

Hi lucysaurus did you have much luck?

I've lived in Chester for 3 years now after DH moved for work and it’s a lovely area. My DC go to The King’s School in Chester and I can't recommend it highly enough. Both of them are loving it and often come home talking about what they got up to which makes a change from usual teenage grumbles we used to get! My DS is 9 so he is in the Junior school and my DD is in senior, they now also have a new Infants school called Willow Lodge for 4-7 yo which has been great so far.

Otherwise there is Queens which other mums talk highly of but on a downside it's girls only. Both are selective and so your DC would have to sit entrance exams. Or if you are looking for state I hear Christleton High School and Wirral Grammar are very good options.

Best of luck in whatever you end up doing!

All the best,

Cheshiremummy9

Bickerl Sun 18-Oct-15 14:29:11

Hi I've just moved to Knutsford am totally new to the area. I have a 14 year old son...can anyone help me with how to transition him in here and find some good friends.. He's starting Knutsford school..

CheshireEditor Sun 18-Oct-15 16:42:22

Hi there, my son is 13 and goes to Knutsford Academy, I'd be happy to help. Drop me an email cheshire@mumsnetlocal.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now