moving to chester in May

(5 Posts)
mummyburton Sun 05-May-13 07:00:51

hubby and I are moving to chester at the end of May. Id love to meet up with other Mums. I have a four year old girl. Can anyone recommend any playgroups/clubs. Also im looking for a day nursery in the city and recommendations? Thanks in advance x

Voicesinmyear Sun 05-May-13 16:14:24

Not in Chester so can't help sorry. Good luck with the move and hopefully this will bump for you smile

Lottycat Sun 12-May-13 22:23:13

Whereabouts in Chester will you be living? It's a lovely place to live, lots to do with children. I have 3 dcs, the youngest of whom is nearly 4. There are loads of clubs and classes etc for little ones. If you give me some idea of where you will be then I can make some suggestions of these and nurseries.

mummyburton Wed 22-May-13 05:13:59

Thankyou Lottycat. Were having to short let on The Yonne due to our rental property falling through at the last minute!! Not ideal. We have a house in hoole from August so thinking around there somewhere. Thanks in advance.

Lottycat Fri 24-May-13 21:45:27

You'll be really central at The Yonne, and Hoole is still very handy for town. Hoole's not far from me, in fact I was there this morning! There is a playgroup in Hoole called Hoole Minis which is very popular, in fact you often have to join a waiting list. It is run at the church twice a week. There's also one called Hoolitots on a Wednesday, you should be able to Google both of them to find out contact info. I do Rhythm Time in Hoole with my little girl which she really enjoys, and they do something similar at the library in town on a Wednesday morning. There's all the usual Tumble Tots etc going on as well.
As far as nurseries go, the ones I have friends with experience of are Smarties and Ashton House, which are both a bit out of town to the east side of Chester, and also Bennisons, which is past the Business Park towards on the Wrexham Road. Friends have been happy with all of them. If it's more of a pre school you're after, there are two in Hoole, one called Mrs Roy's which is run from the community centre, and Hetty's which is at Hoole Primary School.
Is that any help?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now