Nice areas in Chester to live

(15 Posts)
coansha Mon 28-Mar-11 08:49:21

Hi there, we are in process of moving to Chester (from abroad)and wondered what areas(i'm sure there are lots) are nice to live but within 25 minutes max of Chester centre fro work & school.
DD's are enrolled into the queen school .
Looking for a nice village, country-ish with a pub and good walks for dogs.
Plan to rent 1st and then buy, so any ideas, is Rossett nice?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Ta!

DrSeuss Mon 28-Mar-11 18:17:27

It has to be Guilden Sutton-grew up there, miss it still. About three miles out of town on the eastern side.

coansha Thu 31-Mar-11 00:55:28

Do you still visit ? I sit still as nice as you remember? Not seen any in that area for rent yet, but have enough time to stay in holiday accom before we rent.
If you had a top 3 where would they be please? Thanks for your help, its been a long time since we have been to Chester and currently in oz.

DrSeuss Thu 31-Mar-11 09:40:06

My parents died a few years ago and I haven't been there for about 18 months but it was still great then! Check out the web page
http://www.guildensutton.org.uk/

My top three, in consultation with my brother, would be- Guilden Sutton, then Mickle Trafford, then Christleton.

Let me know how you get on.

coansha Tue 05-Apr-11 08:09:35

Thanks a lot! I have heard of Mickle Trafford. We hope to be back in Uk by July and will take a holiday cottage for a couple of months which allows us to look without rushing things. Plus we have no furniture for at least 8-12 weeks.
I will let you know how I get on.
Cheers.

bigbadbarry Fri 08-Apr-11 11:21:37

Saughall is nice too, although the pub is shut atm.

coansha Thu 14-Apr-11 04:29:03

Saw one house in Mickle Trafford for rent but possibly ugliest house i have ever seen. Is Saughall for from queens school?? Thanks.

bigbadbarry Thu 14-Apr-11 09:24:39

Saughall is on the right side of Chester for Queens, about 4 miles out from the city.

coansha Sun 17-Apr-11 03:25:58

ok cheers, x

Inertia Mon 02-May-11 21:46:15

Christleton is probably the most sought-after village close to Chester, and Rowton is fairly well-to-do, though there's not much there. Guilden Sutton is also popular.

A few people I know from Saughall say it's not as nice as it used to be (but that might just be standard older-person speak!).

Several nice villages further out- Rossett, Pulford, Farndon, Tattenhall, Bunbury.

Olihan Mon 02-May-11 21:52:07

Bunbury, Tarporley and surrounding villages are fab and fulfil all your criteria. They are at the very limit of your distance to Chester but a lot of people commute from there and plenty of girls go to Queens too - there's a bus afaik.

coansha Tue 24-May-11 04:23:46

only just seen these thank you, Have my eye on a rental in Guilden Sutton at the moment but it could go before we get back.

sallysquirrel Thu 23-Jun-11 11:37:25

Willaston on the Wirral 12 miles from chester lovely village excellent primary and 2 pubs.
I love Rossett and pulford too.

coansha Wed 06-Jul-11 11:03:26

Thanks SS , DH is leaning towards Rossett too, which would help as Tutor is in Gresford. will check it out xx

Southerngirl76 Sat 22-Jun-13 21:04:25

Hi i currently live in North Yorkshire and we are in the process of moving to Chester and wonder if someone can advise me on good and bad areas. We have had bad experiences in our children school with Bullying our twelve year old son is Autistic and has suffered from terrible bullying.

We have found a lovely house in Stoak and we are looking to register the children in Upton-By Chester High School can anyone offer some advise on whether this is a good school and whether this area is a good area along with parts we should avoid.

We are nervous to move in case our children suffer what they have been through again but we need a new fresh start and we are hoping Chester is the place for us.

Thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now