Moving to Chelmsford need help on good areas

(2 Posts)
damsy83 Wed 21-Oct-15 09:27:15

Hi Peeps,

We are looking to move to Chelmsford sometime soon, from Chafford Hundred(currently) - preferably to a new development in a good area with good primary and secondary schools. There are currently some new developments in Little Waltham, Channels Drive etc.. But we have no idea if these areas are good for families. My son is 3 years now and I work in London and my husband in Chafford Hundred. so a short drive to the station for me is ok and my husband plans to drive to chafford as its only a 40 min drive.
Any tips with regards to good areas with good schools and amenities are welcome..
Appreciate you taking the time..

Many Thanks

Elle05 Wed 11-Nov-15 17:08:33

Hi, I have also lived in CH which I did enjoy, safe and easy access to Lakeside but otherwise not much to do. Have you looked around the new Beaulieu or the existing one? New Beaulieu looks really nice but quite expensive and small gardens in a lot of them. North Springfield/Chelmer Village/Chancellor Park/Danbury/Boreham are the better places in my opinion. Avoid Melbourne. Broomfield and Moulsham have good and not so nice places, Great Baddow seems to have some crime hot spots, knife crime going on there lately. I dont know much about Galleywood looks ok there, possibly older and quieter. What's making you want to go to Chelmsford over CH? Check the catchment area if you are looking at schools before you buy, its not always your closest school. If I didn't need schools or trains I'd choose Ingatestone or Stock, both lovely villages.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now