Moving to the Aberystwyth area

(10 Posts)
Whitters1982 Tue 20-May-14 21:27:13

Hi. I am moving to the Aberystwyth area on Friday from greater Manchester. I am looking forward to it but I am also nervous as my little girl is 3 and I am worried about whether she will settle and be happy in the area. I also don't want to feel isolated so would really like the opportunity to meet other mums and go for a coffee!!

ProdigalCrunch Thu 18-Sep-14 13:13:56

Hey Whitters, hope you're settling in ok. These boards are very quiet, but feel free to PM me if you'd like smile

HorseAndAnkles Sat 04-Oct-14 07:59:33

Hi Whitters I'm an irregular user of MN these days so I've only just seen your post. I hope things are going well for you. I'm free to meet up for a coffee if you'd like. smile

Sut mae ProdigalCrunch I live close to Aber so if you'd like to meet up for a coffee, give me a shout. smile

gillybabes98 Sun 02-Nov-14 20:12:03

Im thinking of moving to wales as well the ceredigion area as I have been offered a mutual exchange Im originally from scotland but live in London and need a change back to peacefulness! Im a bit wary Ill be left alone with my 7 year old son its a beautifl area and I dont want to regret not moving can anyone enlighten me on anything to do in that area? thank you

HorseAndAnkles Sat 08-Nov-14 20:31:52

Hello gillybabes98. I'm sure you'll find Ceredigion much more peaceful than London! What were you thinking of when you asked for things to do in the area? Did you mean things for you or for your son? There are good schools here and because we're quite far from other places there tends to be lots going on for children in the area. For adults you have to be prepared to travel to Shrewsbury, Carmarthen or Swansea if you want to go shops like John Lewis, Debenhams, M&S etc or to pop concerts. I'd say it is quite easy to meet people and you'll see the same faces at the school gates, at sports, at the cinema etc so you'll get to know people quickly. If I was in your shoes I would move to Ceredigion. smile

ProdigalCrunch Sat 29-Nov-14 18:12:46

HorseandAnkles! Swmae! smile

That'll teach me to never check MN local. I am currently very pregnant, but a paned sometime post birth would be a life saver.

HorseAndAnkles Thu 11-Dec-14 21:24:59

Sutmae PC. smile I've just seen your post. I'm rarely on MN these days and certainly less often any further than the talk active page <lazy>

I'd be up for a paned. Give me a shout. I'll check-in more often to see if there's news! Best wishes with your pregnancy. Wyt ti'n siarad Cymraeg? Dw i'n dysgu. Wele i di cyn bo hir, gobeithio.

ProdigalCrunch Thu 11-Dec-14 21:33:16

Ardderchog!

Dw i yn siarad Gymraeg, ond wnes I fyw yn Loegr am rhy hir! A diw e ddim yn perffaith grin

Mae fy nghwr yn ddysgu ar hyn o bryd.

Same here with the not-checking-in. We'll succeed eventually.

HorseAndAnkles Fri 12-Dec-14 16:33:23

Sutmae unwaith 'to! Es i i'r llyfrgell heddiw yn y dre. Mae tair nofeli Cymraeg 'da fi am y gwyliau ac un llyfr am treigladau. Bydda i'n brysur yn ystod y wyliau!

Sut mae'r y ddosbarthau yn mynd gyda dy gwr? Iawn gobeithio.

Pryd mae'r babi yn mynd? Dw i'n meddwl fy mod i'n lot henach na ti. Mae fy mhlant i yn prifysgol.

Rhoi 'shout' i fi pan rwyt ti eisiau mynd am baned. smile

ProdigalCrunch Fri 12-Dec-14 17:59:45

Dim ond rhif yw oed fgrin

Mae'r babi yn fod cyrraedd yn mis Ionawr. Gobeithio bydd e ddim yn rhy hwyr.

Da iawn gyda'r darllen. Mae gen i rhai ar y kindle, ond dw i ddim wedi darllen nhw eto.

Nadolig Llawen!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now