waving shyly - is anyone there

(4 Posts)
mightbemovingtowales Thu 17-Oct-13 14:19:00

hello Ceredigion.

We might be moving to Wales (as you can tell from) - to Ceredigion/Pembrokeshire area. I'm afraid we are English as they come, and the move is related to Husband's work. Is there anyone in a similar position? We have 2 kids, 9 (nearly 10) and 7 - feeling slightly overwhelmed about working out how to get them into schools when they haven't spoken any welsh before. Does anyone have any advice?

ProdigalCrunch Sat 19-Oct-13 18:10:48

Hi mightbe, I've posted on the other thread.

Welcome to Wales (if you do move!), we're generally a very friendly, laid back lot (there are always exceptions, but it's generally true). Pembrokeshire has some of the most stunning beaches, and ceredigion is very beautiful too.

My dh is as English as they come and he loves it here.

gillybabes98 Sun 02-Nov-14 20:08:21

Im thinking of moving into the area Im Scottish living in London but wanted to move to Wales for a while now is it friendly (welshies normally get on great with the Scots haha) it certainly looks beautiful I dont know what to do HELP!

ProdigalCrunch Sat 29-Nov-14 19:26:40

Gilly, my dh is a Yorkshireman and he's found it really friendly smile the pace of life here is very different from london. A couple of days seem to feel like a week (in a good way!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now