Toddler birthday party ideas please!

(8 Posts)
helenhn Tue 31-Mar-09 20:18:09

DD is 3 in the summer and she is being invited to lots of birthday parties (most of them at Coconuts in Barry). I'd love to have a party for her - can anybody recommend an entertainer / soft play place / anything a little different for a toddler birthday in the Cardiff / Vale of Glam area?

Joe1977 Tue 31-Mar-09 20:22:10

Techniquest in Cardiff Bay do childrens parties, as do Cefn Mably farm (between St Mellons and Newport).

What is Coconuts like? I've heard some good reports, but haven't had a chance to go there yet?

helenhn Tue 31-Mar-09 20:53:08

Coconuts is great - its big and clean and has a large cafe / food area and about 4 birthday party areas. For little ones its best before 3 pm as there's plenty of room to keep an eye on them and follow them around all the equipment. At weekends and end of the school day it can get pretty busy with older / bigger children. Parking is a bit of a nightmare at peak times but they are currently doubling the size of the car park! Its also got a separate under 3's area. We go there a lot so I wouldn't have DD's birthday party there as it wouldn't be a special event as she knows it so well. I'd definitely recommend it for a party or a few hours to tire them out!

missblythe Tue 31-Mar-09 21:02:43

Cafe Junior in Cathays do lovely parties.

Am having DD's 3rd birthday party there in 3 weeks time, but have been to lots of parties there in the past.

They have a lovely big play area, which would be open to all (though it's never horribly busy at the weekends), but then the tea is served in a sep. party room, where you can do your own games/have a face painter/set up craft table/whatever

IwishIwasmorechocolatey Fri 03-Apr-09 12:38:07

You could hire a hall and get Tunbletots to do a session.

We love Coconuts too btw!

mrsjammi Wed 08-Apr-09 09:48:37

Message withdrawn

musicmum Thu 09-Apr-09 11:39:32

Hi, I run Tots Play baby and toddler activity classes and we also cater for birthday parties. We tailor each party individually but would include playtime on our soft play and mini gym equipment, action songs, games and races, parachute, bubbles etc. If you have a particular theme in mind we will do our best to provide activities that tie in with that theme. We can come to a venue of your choice. For more details visit www.TotsPlay.co.uk or email me at info@totsplay.co.uk. Good luck with your planning!

mum4d Tue 16-Jun-09 22:48:13

Definitely recommend Cefn Mably farm park.
There's lots of space, outside and inside, so you're covered whatever the weather.
You can cater yourself, or have their catering.
Children always love animals, especially when they can feed them themselves.
You have your own party room, and there's ride on toys inside too, and they do adult food as well.
Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now