Don't forget to sign up for the new NAPPY BIN collection!

(20 Posts)
welliesandpyjamas Tue 06-Sep-11 16:33:44

The new fortnightly bin collection is starting soon in Cardiff so don't forget to sign up for the nappy bin collection service to have them collected on alternate weeks. The form is on the council website but I think they are not publicising it much.... money saving

LTLTLT Sat 24-Sep-11 16:59:13

Thanks for this, have done it. Didnt know it existed.

DuelingFanjo Sat 24-Sep-11 21:01:21

I rang the council and they were really rubbish at giving me the info. I will have a look.

welliesandpyjamas Sat 24-Sep-11 21:12:23

Glad to help. I only found out because a neighbour works for the council! They've delivered me the yellow bags now and the collections start Monday. Like with the black bags, they want them out before 6am...should be fun, leaving out a bag of just stinky nappies overnight hmm

welliesandpyjamas Sat 24-Sep-11 21:16:25

DFanjo - the form is on the website somewhere, you'll have to send it off (maybe you can email too, don't remember).

PS If I'm correct in remembering (sorry if I'm not!) - you live in Splott? Have you seen they've restarted the language and play sessions in Splott Library? Just spreading the news smile

welliesandpyjamas Thu 29-Sep-11 12:07:37

Ha! First week using it and they didn't turn up! The nappies have been sat out there for two nights now and cooked very nicely in yesterday's heat hmm Anyone else had problems?

DuelingFanjo Thu 29-Sep-11 20:31:22

I had problems understanding the form. Do I fill it in on my son's behalf or myself? I am in splott but back in work so not sure I can go regularly.

welliesandpyjamas Fri 30-Sep-11 11:21:00

I got stuck at that too but filled it in in my name and it worked (in that they confirmed...although the bag is still out there 3 days later hmm)

Ah, so I do remember random details about people still then grin No probs, just thought I'd spread the news as it was about time there was something nice like that in the splott library again (not just self interested because I pass it four times a day, honest!)...and the more people go, the more likely they will keep it going after the initial 6 week trial.

DuelingFanjo Fri 30-Sep-11 11:23:55

What day is it? Wednesday? I might be able to make it sometimes smile

DuelingFanjo Fri 30-Sep-11 11:25:17

just checked your other thread, thursdays. better for me, I might make it a bit more often.

I don't suppose you ever went to the breastfeeding group in Splott? if so I might recognise you smile

welliesandpyjamas Fri 30-Sep-11 11:32:55

No, never went to that, sorry. We moved to the area when I was having my second ds so thought I was too clever to need BF help wink DS2 was a Professional BFeeder from the minute he was born, thankfully! But my eldest goes to school in Splott so I spend a lot of time walking through - chances are we have seen each other at some point over the past two years smile

mumatron Fri 30-Sep-11 19:40:34

wellie does your ds go to moorland? (obviously you don't have to answer if you think i'm too nosey!)

welliesandpyjamas Fri 30-Sep-11 19:52:20

No, he goes to the one next door!! Have you dc at Moorland? Will have to try and guess who you are! wink Someone I know did work experience at Moorland and thought they were great, good staff, lovely kids.

mumatron Fri 30-Sep-11 20:03:12

no, I wanted to get my dc in but it was just after christmas and there was prob's getting it all sorted (dd2 was due at the same time, complete nightmare!) just wondered if it was worth uprooting them from the school they are in. have heard good things about it though, it was my first choice by far.

welliesandpyjamas Fri 30-Sep-11 20:15:51

FWIW the other school down there, baden powell, has very good estyn results. Don't know anyone with kids there so can't vouch for it though. Its location probably makes people think it's no good but, as Moorland proves, that doesn't always prove true, does it!

Are they not happy where they are?

mumatron Fri 30-Sep-11 20:32:45

that's the thing, they love it where they are now. they both settled amazingly well. ds is dyslexic and has improved more than I ever thought possible in the short time he has been there.

Tbh, it's my own snobbery at it being one of the 'rougher' schools in the area. the dc are happy and are doing well, so i'm wary of rocking the boat so to speak.

I went to Baden Powell for a few weeks as a child and it is a fine little school.

DuelingFanjo Fri 30-Sep-11 20:39:07

Interesting to read this stuff about the schools, what are the nurseries like. I've been a bit snobby too and been looking at possibly going to marlborough rd as we are nearer roath but it's good to hear the splott schools are good.

mumatron Fri 30-Sep-11 20:43:36

df a family member has dc in marlborough and they love it.

i've no experience of the school attached nurseries as my dc have stayed in private until starting full time school.

welliesandpyjamas Fri 30-Sep-11 20:57:45

Well, if the kids are happy and learning, you can't ask for more smile

DF - don't know anything about Marlborough. If it isn't your catchment school, though, be wary of ending up with no guaranteed space for younger siblings, and then having to be magically at two different school gates at 9am hmm. Moorland nursery is reportedly lovely, as is Glan Morfa nursery, but both are FULL sad due to very high demand in the area at the moment. Also, I think they are closing Tremorfa nursery and combining it with another one...but I am fuzzy on the detail of that.

welliesandpyjamas Fri 30-Sep-11 21:00:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now