Welsh language reading books for boys

(3 Posts)
walesblackbird Sat 16-Jul-11 10:40:21

Not sure where to post this so will try local as well.

I have a 10 year old son who attends Welsh school and whilst his English reading is fine and where it should be he is a little behind in his Welsh reading. And it's because he doesn't enjoy the books that school provide him with and frankly I'm not surprised. They're all ancient and truly boring.

He needs something to capture his imagination - in English he's reading the Beast Quest books and loves Diary of a Wimpy Kid. I'm looking for something similar but in Welsh. I'm not a Welsh speaker but dh is and it's all changed from his day so he's at a bit of a loss as well.

Any ideas anyone?

cchap Sun 24-Jul-11 20:13:26

Hi, my son was exactly the same. I bought him some books from www.na-nog.com/site/category.aspx?categoryid=496 they have Roald Dahl, Horrid Henry and loads of others smile

mummymccar Tue 16-Aug-11 11:40:46

Hi walesblackbird, go into Waterstone's Cardiff and ask to speak to Vicky in the Children's section, she should be able to help you with this. Waterstone's have a great selection of Welsh books and I've always found Vicky to be very helpful and knowledgable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now