Baby reflux 😭

(2 Posts)
Sarahken1 Sat 11-Feb-17 12:16:35

Hello,

I'm writing as I'm at my wits end this week as my baby has terrible silent reflux. He's totally refusing to go near my breast ( he's never taken a bottle) and we are only managing a couple of feeds per day after hours of trying. He's clearly in a lot of pain and I'm worried how long this may last - has anyone else experienced this?? He is 10 weeks old and had been such an easy baby and eaten so well till this suddenly started overnight!

I've been to the GP, midwife, and a&e - so far all we have is gaviscon but he's getting slowly worse rather than better. He screams arching his back in pain, and the only time he will take some food is when he's half asleep. Until he gets very dehydrated the hospital won't do anything but I don't want it to get to that stage! I've been in tears all day this week as I just feel so helpless and don't know what to do. I've read online they can have it till they are 1, I can't imagine coping with this for so long never Mind what it could mean for the poor little guys development 😔

Any advice?

hanette Sat 11-Feb-17 16:37:04

Poor you sorry to hear it. I'm not much help but I'd advise posting in a more general baby thread section for more traffic. Good luck and hope things get better for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now