Visiting US family looking for an after school program for March and April

(4 Posts)
USmamma Tue 07-Feb-17 02:32:12

Hi Wise Parents,

My family is moving to Bloomsbury from March 13-April 28 for my husband's job. We are looking for an after school program where our 5 (almost 6) year old daughter can make English friends and experience British culture.

It seems like we are coming mid-term and many places are quite full. Do any of you have any leads on a program that might still have room or a drop-in program that is lots of fun?

Thanks!

-Sarah

blumbry Tue 07-Feb-17 08:29:54

Go and hang out in Corams Fields. There is stuff at Dragon Hall most nights. Not sure that we have after school programmes though. Most after school clubs are connected to schools. Might be something at the ymca, but that is fitness based.Y Active it is called.

USmamma Tue 07-Feb-17 17:11:59

Thank you!

carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 02-Mar-17 09:54:54

It looks like you are here during our school holidays (mine break up March 31st). Companies like Dramarama (ad on right) will be doing weekly courses. In Highgate, if they are sporty, there are daily sports courses at The Mallinson Sports Centre with kids of their age - again you can go for a week or do just days but ideally you need to book. All the museums and galleries will have holiday activities for kids - so just pick one and see what's on offer. Or if they have a particular interest, sport / horse riding/ drama if you google Easter courses there will be tons. Great idea to get them to do something to make friends! Good luck and hope you have a great time. Enjoy the first bit of your trip when everywhere will be much quieter. That's the time to go to all the sights without the crowds of kids!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now