Advice on nurseries in and around Belsize Park

(10 Posts)
oakjess Sat 13-Jun-15 03:01:23

Hi- I'm moving to the Belsize Park area from New York City with my husband and 16-month-old son in July. Would really appreciate some advice and reccs. on nurseries in the area (incl. chalk farm and primrose hill- anywhere we can walk to really) also music and gym classes and any other fun activities you can suggest for a little guy to make friends smile I would like to enroll him at nursery to start in Sept. - thanks very much! Jess

mitamay Mon 15-Jun-15 13:22:24

for montessori fans this school is popular, but you'll have to wait until your sons two.
woodentots.co.uk/

Charlburygirl Mon 15-Jun-15 20:32:51

Several friends had children at Chaston nursery and Puss in Boots nursery and raved about both of them.

STSK1214 Fri 26-Jun-15 13:44:47

Hi, what are typical fees for full time nurseries for kids under 3 in Belsize Park/St. John Wood? We are also moving from NYC to London...

Thanks!!!

miniravi80 Tue 11-Aug-15 11:18:40

I suggest you put your name down for Maria Montessori School in Lyndhurst Gardens NW3. You could do it via their website www.mariamontessori.org.

kamayani Wed 02-Sep-15 22:54:27

Hi
We are moving to London from Gibraltar and will be staying at Belsize park. I needed some advice on a pre-school in the area for my 2 and half year old son.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Many Thanks!

bananacakeplease Mon 14-Sep-15 14:36:26

Hi STSK1214,
Fees vary depending on the nursery, but are around £60+ a day and £1,200+ per month.
This is made a bit easier with the free 15 a week covered by the council.

bananacakeplease Mon 14-Sep-15 14:37:13

I've just found the link for Camden Council - Free childcare.
www.camden.gov.uk/ccm/content/education/pre-school/help-with-childcare-costs/

ginig6 Tue 03-Nov-15 21:53:51

Hi all. My son is 18 months old and I am looking for a nursery in West Hampstead and Kilburn areas. Please if anybody can help me.

lovecamden Tue 19-Jan-16 10:07:20

Here's a really good article, with general and specific advice on all types of nurseries.
nw8-mums.com/local-knowledge/schools-nurseries/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now