Enterance exams for Westminster Under

(3 Posts)
wsarah81 Wed 05-Feb-14 14:19:46

Hi mums ..

I am new to London and learning about the school system here. We have just moved into a place in st johns wood and found a great prep school for my son (He is 4 and a half). However we are moving to Esher next year and that would mean a new school for my son ( He will start year 1 in September) (Hopefully in Bloo House School). I was researching and would like for him to join Westminster Under at 7 or at 13 ? How do parents go about with the entrance exams ? Anyone has any experience with this ?

Thorntonsbudgens Wed 19-Feb-14 21:30:07

All I know is from my daughter's school which is a private co-ed in NW3/NW1. She is in Year 6 and many of the boys are going through the process of applying to Westminster for Year 8. I think the first thing you need to do is establish whether the prep school you choose is in the loop with preparing the boys to enter the Westminster admission process and it IS a process, not a single test or interview. There seems to be a pre-selection test which happens at the prep school, then another stage before your child is "allowed" to get into the application set. I have heard that the school is very helpful so maybe you should contact them and ask these questions. I'm not sure why you would want to send him there all the way from Esher but that, of course, is up to you. Can't you stay in St John's Wood? It makes more sense. I travelled a long way to school because it was a very good private school but it definitely spoilt my experience of school so I am against long journeys to school from personal experience. Good luck if you really want to go for it.

wsarah81 Sat 22-Feb-14 17:08:37

I see .. thank you for that .. well the thing is we are still trying to decide on esher or st johns wood. But from your advice I suppose I would speak to the school and see what needs to be done

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now