Facebook group

(13 Posts)
rebeccamg Mon 03-Mar-14 09:20:00

I hope this is ok to post here but I've set up a Facebook group to post about meet ups and play dates. If you search this it should come up

Cambridge Playdates And Meet Ups

Hoping to meet lots of lovely mummies!

Mogz Mon 03-Mar-14 18:28:37

Just sent a request to join, I'm very isolated at the moment and it'll be nice to make some new friends.

rebeccamg Mon 03-Mar-14 19:23:46

Excellent! I've accepted everyone waiting so hopefully one was you! X

4m4nd4 Mon 03-Mar-14 19:29:33

There is a Mumsnet Cambridge page which covers this. Just do a fb search smile

rebeccamg Mon 03-Mar-14 23:16:50

I found it thanks. Is it just a page to like though? Not a group to chat with others to arrange etc?

4m4nd4 Tue 04-Mar-14 06:47:32

There is a chat option on the Mumsnet Local Cambridge page and also a meet ups section local.mumsnet.com/Talk/local_cambridge

I shall try not to be too sad that you've gone to Cambridge wink

rebeccamg Tue 04-Mar-14 19:51:28

I really struggle to navigate this page as I'm not sure I've come across that link you've just sent! Feel a bit stupid now. I also don't get any notification that someone responds to a thread on here?
I just thought with Facebook people tend to check it every day or multiple times a day - on here it seems some people don't respond for days (myself included mainly as I struggle to find my own posts ha!) x

I know what you mean, there's. phase 2 of local on the way but we haven't been given a time scale.

For meet ups defiantly join a 'Meet up' group & encorage others. When a message is posted it is then emailed to everyone in the group. Are you based in cambridge?

We're always looking for people to take the lead in meet ups by 'becoming a Local Ambassador'

local.mumsnet.com/cambridgeshire/meet-ups

Your more than welcome to post on the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mumsnet-Cambridgeshire/296784780434851

Just realise I sound preachy - it's not meant to be like that I just wanted to let you know what's on Local.

The more people that use it the better the offers and competitions which can only be a good thing

local.mumsnet.com/cambridgeshire/offers

rebeccamg Thu 06-Mar-14 15:31:08

I honestly didn't intend to step on anyone's toes just felt a Facebook group would be a good idea.
Yes happy to be a local ambassador! I have just moved and keen to meet some friendly mums really. We moved a few years ago to Wales and I joined a mums Facebook group and it's how I met all my close friends there. Was hoping to do the same here but been here over two months now and met one person and that was a friend of a friend from Wales.

I think the Facebook group is a great idea- kicking myself i hadn't thought of it

I'll PM you

rebeccamg Fri 07-Mar-14 15:20:24

Yes pm me smile I would pm you but I can't work out how to ha! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now