Sawston: Any advice/comments? Thanks!

(4 Posts)
flabberwasp Sat 31-Aug-13 23:37:24

Hi. We are considering a move out of London to South Cambs. For commuting reasons we are looking between Duxford and Sawston (Whittlesford Station) and have found a house we're interested in on the outskirts of Sawston. I am a bit concerned that the school (Bellbird) is only 'satisfactory' (Ofsted). I have a 3.5 and a 1.5 yr old and will be applying for 2014 start. Can anyone provide any advice about a) living in the village, what's it like, and pros/cons; and b) the school, is it any good? I am suspicious of ofsted so can live with sending DCs to a 'satisfactory' school but only if I can be sure that it is making moves to fix any issues (we'd be moving from a 'good' but high FSM/EAL school in London). Haven't had the chance to visit the school yet, but will of course do so before committing however if the general consensus is that it is no good then we will look elsewhere. Drove past today and it looks nice enough and the playing fields are ENORMOUS compared with tiny school yards in London! Thanks!!

rebeccamg Fri 17-Jan-14 22:38:20

Did you make the move? We've just moved to the area too smile

Bananaketchup Wed 29-Jan-14 20:39:29

I live in Sawston, been here a year. I love it! grin

rebeccamg Sun 02-Mar-14 08:20:15

We are looking at sawston - very mixed responses from estate agents... Would be interested to know what it's actually like to live in too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now