Just parking my butt on the Friendship Bench

(203 Posts)
Crocvillagemum Thu 22-Nov-12 22:11:48

I have home-made gingerbread men with wobbly Ribena icing if anyone wants to join me?

JoandRo Wed 20-Mar-13 14:34:00

oooh did you postpone? I was away visiting my parents but I'm back now...

GinAndIt Sat 23-Mar-13 07:10:25

well I didn't go because of aforementioned stroppy child hmm so will hopefully make next meet up.

I would also like to suggest a meet up of a evening. In a pub. With gin wine
refreshments grin

Becketts Sat 23-Mar-13 09:00:25

I didn't go either, I was too busy cleaning up poo. A pub meet-up sounds good!

Crocvillagemum Sun 31-Mar-13 20:53:09

Hi all. Hope all is well! Pub meetup sounds good and DH will have to wrestle DD on his own, hehe . Any ideas of a date?

GinAndIt Tue 02-Apr-13 13:28:18

Don't mind really <helpful> although would prefer a friday or saturday evening. I can't do the last 2 weekends in april but if we meet up on a weekday evening then I'm easy.

Hope everyone had a good easter. Dd has started the holidays in style by getting chickenpox so the last few days have been fun hmm although i get to escape to work the rest of the week whilst dh looks after the kids wink

Becketts Tue 02-Apr-13 13:31:35

I have no idea either, any night will be inconvenient for the DCs and DH so makes no difference to me grin I'll be driving so off the sauce anyway.

Where does nice food? That pub in Abbot's Ripton has just re-opened but think it's a bit pricey. Or are we just doing drinks?

GinAndIt Sun 14-Apr-13 10:17:22

Hello? haven't posted in a while because of easter hols and being mega busy with the kids.

Food and drinks would be good grin If we meet nearer to huntingdon then I'll be driving anyway so don't mind which day really.

Anyone up for a daytime meetup again?

Becketts Sat 20-Apr-13 11:01:52

Argh, why does this never pop up on my threads I'm on?

Yes, up for a daytime meet. Prob not next week though, I'm on new meds and the side effects are awful. Which days are best for you? We could meet at Hinchingbrooke now that the weather's better.

GinAndIt Sun 21-Apr-13 12:45:00

Hello, i can do tuesdays, hopefully the weather will stay nice!

Hope you're not feeling too bad sad let me know when's best for you to meet up.

Crocvillagemum Sun 21-Apr-13 20:44:31

Hello! This also doesn't show up on "I'm on". Sort it out MNHQ!

I am back to work this coming week sad so will be limited to Mondays and Fridays here on in. Any good for anyone?

Becketts Sun 21-Apr-13 20:54:24

Now it's showing up on threads I'm on hmm Mondays are usually good for me, and some Fridays. Hope going back to work goes OK!

GinAndIt Tue 23-Apr-13 09:50:58

i can do mondays if thats better for everyone, just not next monday. i can do next friday but will be childfree as i have next week off workgrin

Crocvillagemum Thu 09-May-13 15:00:35

Yo dudes. Anyone still here and keen for a meetup, with or without gin? (I mean the clear spirituous liquor, obviously - not you, gin, we want you there!)

Toriv Mon 20-May-13 19:51:59

Sorry i haven't been back been a crazy few weeks. I have a 3yr old boy and an 8 month old little girl. I am in St Ives but don't drive which makes things slightly more difficult. I would be up for a daytime or evening meet up. If the weather is nice Houghton Mill is fabulous for a cream tea. X

GinAndIt Tue 21-May-13 21:26:29

yup, i'm still up for a meet up!

MrsA03 Sun 26-May-13 06:03:30

Hey everyone! I've wandered down from the Peterborough group - nothing happening on there. I have a 13 month old and am pretty much free all the time. I am however child free on Thursdays - just so you know I'm not doing an "About A Boy"! I do drive and have a car. Anyone fancy meeting up?

GinAndIt Sun 26-May-13 21:49:55

Welcome MrsA03! I can't make it this week because it's half term and dh is looking after the kids (yay!) and i'm working, but am free the week after on monday or tuesday.

MrsA03 Wed 29-May-13 11:30:18

Can do Monday lunch, LO has swimming lesson at 3pm

GinAndIt Wed 29-May-13 18:29:47

monday is fine for me. where shall we meet?

MrsA03 Thu 30-May-13 12:15:18

Don't really know! Where's best for you? As long as there's parking and high chairs and good (ish) coffee. I have sat nav. Shall we say 12-12.30pm? Eldest & friends are off to London on the train, so I need to make sure they manage to get up and out

GinAndIt Thu 30-May-13 20:54:19

is Cambridge ok for you? There's a place called livingstones cafe on regent street that's supposed to be good for children.

MrsA03 Thu 30-May-13 21:08:45

Cambridge is a bit too far as I'm in Peterborough. Whereabouts are you? We can see what's in the middle

GinAndIt Thu 30-May-13 21:40:57

How about Frosts garden centre in Brampton? we met up there a couple of months ago and it has an area that the children can play in.

MrsA03 Fri 31-May-13 11:54:59

That sounds good to me, straight down the A1 smile I'll aim for 12pm but might be a little bit after. I've got a red & black 3 wheeled buggy with bright coloured soft dolls each side. I'm 5'10" with brown/purpley bobbed hair and will probably be wearing my red coat or a cardigan (dependant on the weather). See you on Monday, have a good weekend smile

GinAndIt Fri 31-May-13 18:31:22

ok see you then. I've got brown hair probably tied up and a blue coat. I'll be near the playhouse in the corner. smile smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now