Just parking my butt on the Friendship Bench

(203 Posts)
Crocvillagemum Thu 22-Nov-12 22:11:48

I have home-made gingerbread men with wobbly Ribena icing if anyone wants to join me?

Crocvillagemum Mon 21-Jan-13 14:03:12

There was one recently about SEN, where I genuinely wanted to ask some questions (as someone with no experience whatever of SEN) but it was all kicking off and I didn't fancy having someone rip me a new one. Better to sit back and watch others catching it, Christians-to-lions-stylee.

Crocvillagemum Tue 12-Feb-13 14:34:24

Anyone up for a coffee sometime soon?

Toriv Thu 14-Feb-13 22:33:55

I'm in. I don't drive though so does depend on location. DS is in preschool Tuesday and Wednesday mornings but pretty flexible on days otherwise.

Crocvillagemum Thu 14-Feb-13 22:57:06

Depends if you want to be with or without DS I suppose! Which venues are doable for you? Tap Room is a favoured haunt in St Ives proper...

Becketts Mon 18-Feb-13 16:49:33

Argh, this keeps dropping off my 'threads I'm on'. Yes, am up for coffee soon, I'm all mended grin I can't do this week, I'm on stand-by for baby sitting duty for my friend's DS while she's in labour with DC2.

Crocvillagemum Wed 20-Feb-13 09:57:43

Ok, how about a week Thursday?

Becketts Wed 20-Feb-13 10:04:51

28th? I've got a dentist appointment in Huntingdon, I'll check what time. My last one got cancelled and I've got tooth ache so I can't skive off. I'm free next Friday and then the following Mon and Tues.

Crocvillagemum Wed 20-Feb-13 10:13:47

Any day works for me TBH. Just varies as to which DC I have on the day!

Becketts Wed 20-Feb-13 10:16:00

Is Johnsons closed on Mondays?

Crocvillagemum Wed 20-Feb-13 13:22:01

Unfortunately yes sad

Becketts Wed 20-Feb-13 14:22:59

Gah, everything's closed on Mondays! We went to Hinchingbrooke on Monday forgetting that the cafe was closed- no tea and cake for me sad

Where are you based, Toriv?

Crocvillagemum Thu 21-Feb-13 10:22:57

It's a nightmare isn't it, the Hinch CP cafe being shut on Mondays! Alternatives are, I guess, Frosts in Brampton, HGL again, Crystal Lakes, Leo's Funzone or somewhere in St Ives proper. Anywhere else?

Becketts Thu 21-Feb-13 13:47:02

I think you've covered everywhere! There's a Leo's in Huntingdon as well. I've never been to the St Ives one, is it good?

CambridgeMinor Thu 21-Feb-13 18:57:55

Hi, thanks for the heads up Crocmum.

The Leo's in Huntingdon is meant to be much nicer than Crystal Lakes. Have never been, but am often found loitering in both the above garden centres.

Shame there aren't any child-friendly cafes in St Ives, they're just too small for pushchairs, although Slepe Hall fits quite a few in.

Becketts Thu 21-Feb-13 20:27:50

I've never been to Crystal Lakes. The Leo's in Huntingdon is very nice though, never too crowded and very clean. I don't know St Ives very well so can't help there. There's a nice cafe with a small soft play in Sawtry but that will be a trek for everyone except me grin

Crocvillagemum Thu 21-Feb-13 21:10:18

I've been to both Crystal Lakes and Leo's. CL is bigger, but the food is deep-fried crud and it's a tiny bit more grimy (not that I particularly mind either of those factors). DS will probably cling to me and refuse to play in any event!

GinAndIt Sun 24-Feb-13 19:26:57

Hello? Can anyone join this thread? I was looking for info on meetups on the cambridge board but nothing doing and then saw this.

<offers gin>

Crocvillagemum Sun 24-Feb-13 20:54:29

Hello it. We like gin!

Becketts, has your friend dropped yet?

Becketts Mon 25-Feb-13 07:08:59

Yes, last Tuesday. I had a scary drive to Somersham in the fog at 4am (suicidal muntjacs). Can do Thurs or Fri this week.

Becketts Mon 25-Feb-13 10:31:16

Scratch that, I've got the dentist on Thurs.

Crocvillagemum Mon 25-Feb-13 21:32:57

I can do Fri but I warn you now: I will have DS with me. He is 3, and will have spent Tues, Weds and Thurs getting knackered at nursery. So on Fridays, he may be angelic. Or he may be the mardiest little gobshite that ever there was. Just in case anyone is tempted to comment unfavourably on my abilities as a parent twould be fair enough actually.

CambridgeMinor Mon 25-Feb-13 21:40:17

Friday sounds good, although my DC1 currently does half days at nursery school which has been really restricting how much we can get out and about.

CambridgeMinor Mon 25-Feb-13 21:49:44

There will be no judging, honest!

Crocvillagemum Mon 25-Feb-13 22:03:58

Thanks minor!

Relatively amusing incident at Anglesey Abbey today. DS was getting a bit skittish after finishing his lunch in the cafe, while I was trying to get some more grub down DD's cakehole. Two terribly genteel-looking ladies at next table, complete with cats'bum mouths. One of them glared at DS (who really wasn't being that bad) and muttered (voce not very sotto) "These young mothers who don't control their children properly". I gave her a big smile and said "ooh ta, it's ages since anyone called me young! I am nearly forty you know..." And then buggered off to the bogs grin

GinAndIt Tue 26-Feb-13 08:00:09

if anyone is around to meetup on a monday or tuesday let me know. have to pick up ds from school in the afternoon but mornings are good?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now