David Lloyd Gym

(11 Posts)
coolma Tue 09-Jun-09 19:13:16

Hi all

We have just rejoined David lloyd after a break - used to belong when it was next generation but left for various reasons. just wondered if anyone else belonged and could give me a bit of insight - at first sight seems pretty much the same, similar facilities, usual rude receptionists grin loud tennis playing chaps !! I have tried to download the activities but it's not working. Also, anyone who goes with kids fancy meeting up for a coffee there one day??

umf Mon 06-Jul-09 13:25:57

We're thinking of joining the David Lloyd health club - tired of shivering in the queue for the toddler pool at Parkside.

Can you give a bit more background? Are you happy with it this time round? How is it for families? Have you used the creche?

Many thanks!

coolma Sat 11-Jul-09 23:17:37

sorry just seen this! yes we're very happy with it especially for the children - they go to loads of groups and classes - and none of the snooty 'pay extra for' ones. The swimming pools are lovely, and if you pick the right time, virtually empty - even at 'peak times' they're not full at all. Best bit is the cappucino afterwards though wink Oh and the food is very reasonable and nice as well. I could recommend you and get a gift!! Also, ds is going to the holiday club - it's not super cheap but is 8.30 to 5.30 and packed full of activities, so worth it we think.

umf Sun 12-Jul-09 19:14:59

Thank you!! If go ahead will definitely get in touch so you can recommend!

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Mon 13-Jul-09 12:34:33

Hi ladies,
have been loooking at there for September for things I can do once DS1 is back t school and DS2 is in playgroup. BUT on the site I can't find anything about costs..

How much is membership and what do you get for that?

Thanksx

coolma Mon 13-Jul-09 13:14:10

They sneakily don't give you prices until you go in! We pay £165 per month for the four of us, which includes some of the classes (some tennis and other 'lessons' are charged) and access at all times. Seems a lot, but the two children are there pretty much all day saturday and sunday doing different activites and we tend to use in the evenings when to be honest it's reall not very busy.

The food is really very good and pretty reasonable too.

Hope that helps smile

Rubyrubyrubyislosing7lbs Mon 13-Jul-09 13:17:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Mon 13-Jul-09 13:40:41

WOW, I hadn't banked on that.
Is there a price list I can pick up then if I go in?

coolma Mon 13-Jul-09 15:28:08

I know it sounds expensive, actually, I suppose it is expensive...we do use it loads though which I guess justifies the price blush

They don't have a price list as such, they'll show you round and then tell you the 'options'

Rubyrubyrubyislosing7lbs Mon 13-Jul-09 15:29:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

coolma Mon 13-Jul-09 19:46:00

Obviously - marketing how brill it is so you're desperate to join grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now