Teen birthday parties

(12 Posts)
JanLady Mon 24-Apr-17 12:30:12

We're new in Cambridge. What are nice possible venues/activities for a small group of 13 year old girls for a birthday party?

JennyWren1234 Mon 24-Apr-17 13:08:04

Welcome to Cambridge OP! My DD had parties at home at that age as we seemed to have exhausted the usual, cinema/bowling trips. She did have one at Ten-Pin - Sing Dizzy - Karaoke which they seemed to enjoy.

Other things we have done are - trip to Warner Brothers Studios to the Harry Potter tour and a murder mystery party which seemed to go well. I think perhaps Cambridge Cookery School does parties, that might be worth looking at.

I'll see if I can think of anything else.

ChestertonCharley Mon 24-Apr-17 13:43:48

Clip'n'Climb might appeal, if they haven't done it before.

GirtonGirl Mon 24-Apr-17 14:09:39

If she likes climbing then you can also have Climbing parties at Kelsey Kerridge (we did this when DD was 10) or at Cambridge Regional college (not tried this one).
We have also had a 'Spy Missions' party at Bar Hill - a bit like the Crystal Maze for those who remember it. Not sure what age they go up to, but think they have an option suitable for teenagers.
Or another idea is a trampolining party - options at Peterborough or St Neots that I know of.
Welcome to Cambridge, and be sure to let us know what you decide on (I will need more ideas....)

BusyBlue Mon 24-Apr-17 22:04:54

The Lush shop in Grand Arcade do parties and they make lip balms etc which they can take home.

ChasingSquirrelsinCambs Tue 25-Apr-17 00:00:30

My 11 & 14 yo's like roller skating at Curvemotion in Bury St Edmunds, tenpin bowling, cinema, or film night at home with pizza and snacks.

ChestertonCharley Tue 25-Apr-17 10:25:16

Chesterton Sports Centre pool can be hired for an hour with large inflatables.

JanLady Tue 25-Apr-17 14:38:58

This is super helpful. Thanks everyone!

JennyWren1234 Tue 25-Apr-17 15:04:26

Also, just remembered Cambridge Escape Rooms which is a Crystal Maze type thing. I think off Cherry Hinton Road. I haven't been, so don't know if it's any good, but I expect it will be on Trip Advisor.

Tingalingle Wed 26-Apr-17 11:06:59

Red Lodge Go-karting has been popular amongst the more competitive teenagers we know (the girl v boy drive-off at DS's 16th got quite white-knuckled!). Makes you worry how they'll be in a few years when they can drive on the roads, though.

IamLovingThis Wed 26-Apr-17 21:40:51

Take them on a chauffeur punt along the river cam then afternoon tea in one of the many Cambridge tea rooms afterwards?

SiliconJen Thu 27-Apr-17 21:11:19

Impington village college pool also have an inflatable that you can hire for swimming parties, or you can have the pool without. A lot of the 12-13 yr olds I know have just met a group of friends in town, for shopping/mooching and lunch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now