New Montessori Nursery reviews?

(9 Posts)
Snapdrag0n Wed 12-Apr-17 10:51:56

I am looking for a nursery for my DS and am interested in the new Montessori on Tenison Road. It hasn't yet been inspected which makes me a little cautious, does anyone have any experience of it that they could kindly share?

SahMum Wed 12-Apr-17 13:16:31

Hi, I have not used Tenison Road nursery but my child goes to the Smiths Children which is run by the same owners and as I can see from the new website, a few employees from the existing nursery have been moved to the new place. I am very happy with the Smith's, their rigorous employment process, nurturing environment. My child is very happy at the nursery and well supported by all staff and not just her key worker.

Cakestop Wed 12-Apr-17 13:58:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

corvicula Sat 22-Apr-17 08:55:34

My daughter goes there and we both love it. The people working there are lovely, they really care and as a bonus speak Spanish with the kids. DD eats double portions of everything (they do breakfast, lunch and dinner, all home cooked). Because it's a new nursery everything has been set up new and thought out well, although being where it is near the station, there isn't much outdoor space. They do lots of fun activities, last week DD had to have a change of clothes cause she was covered in strawberry jelly. I thought that was brilliant.
As they were just setting up, email communication took a few days usually so it's better to ring them I found.

wanda123 Thu 01-Jun-17 21:23:37

I have to say against this nursery that it happened exactly the same to me as cakestop describes. I went to the nursery for a visit and they told me they will have a space for my child. I have applied, paid the admin fee and they said they will come back to me. I have to email them few months later asking for details and they told me then that they didnt have a space for my child and that I was in the waiting list, but also my application together with the rest of them sitting in a folder as they couldn´t tell me in which position in the waiting list I was. I felt as if someone has robbed me. Also, I have been sending emails and emails and I haven´t got an answer yet. I hope this will help other families looking for a space in a nursery as it seems that not all of them are reliable, at least, not this one.

Cakestop Fri 02-Jun-17 12:27:54

BipBippadotta Tue 15-Aug-17 15:40:57

Just cheekily reviving this thread to see if anyone's had any more experiences with the Montessori nursery on Tenison Rd. I was told months ago the waiting list was 2 years long, but have just been told they'd have space for my child in 6 weeks' time. I've found them to be a bit unclear in their communication, as others seem to have, but I understand they've recruited a lot more people to meet recent demand, so I'd be interested to know how others find the nursery.

rosemarie04 Tue 15-Aug-17 20:55:40

they recently had an ofsted report which requires improvement.

kedy Tue 22-Aug-17 22:14:24

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now