Cranial osteopath for glue ear

(7 Posts)
jsp56 Wed 22-Feb-17 14:02:06

Hi,

I wondered if anyone might know of a cranial osteopath in Cambridge who can help resolve glue ear in a child aged 6?

I know there several cranial osteopaths around here but I'd be really glad to have recommendation of one who is known to have actually fixed a case of glue ear.

Thanks!

Peggetty Wed 22-Feb-17 17:58:33

Curious as to how they would do this? I know there's a special head-twist certain ENT consultants can do which helps with a certain kind of dizziness, is this along the same lines? Otherwise antibiotics or grommets are the usual treatment for glue ear.

jsp56 Wed 22-Feb-17 18:30:53

We've been finding that just massaging the ear where it meets the cheek helps to move the eustacian tube a bit and gradually resolves glue ear over a period of a few weeks. My son's trouble in the left ear went away entirely with this treatment. I just wondered if a cranial osteopath would know how to move the cheek and ear in a more specific way to resolve the right ear problem a bit faster to save us doing weeks and weeks of ear massage.

Apparently the eustacian tube is quite flat in young children and as they grow up it becomes more vertical and drains better. I suppose the massage is just moving it into a more vertical position temporarily or something.

DorothyParker111 Wed 22-Feb-17 19:05:37

Can thoroughly recommend Alex Taylor & his team at the Coach House Clinic in Trumpington

jsp56 Thu 23-Feb-17 01:34:37

Thanks!

ChestertonCharley Thu 23-Feb-17 15:21:36

Mojo Rathbone at Beechwood practice

jsp56 Thu 23-Feb-17 17:46:29

We had a hearing test today and it turns out that his glue is completely gone. Fantastic! Phew!

Thanks for the recommendations anyway. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now