paper or magazine subscription

(8 Posts)
rosemarie04 Mon 09-Jan-17 14:51:32

My partner and I spend way too much time on our phones and laptops reading news articles and decided that we need to reduce the time and set a better example to our children.
I would like to give my partner a paper or magazine subscription for his birthday. We have been mainly reading the guardian on our phones so I thought to maybe get the weekend edition of the guardian delievered to our house. Do you know of any other magazines or newspapers which appear weekly? It could also be a lifestyle, parenting magazine.
We are not British, so I dont really know of any good ones.
Thanks a lot!

rosemarie04 Mon 09-Jan-17 14:53:25

oh and I just realized that you can only get the guardian delievered if living inside the m25 :-(

CambridgeRiver Mon 09-Jan-17 18:19:08

The Week is ace - great round up of the week's news.

DorothyParker111 Mon 09-Jan-17 19:01:19

The Economist. Topical, thorough, well-written, global coverage and always an interesting obituary at the back!

CityCentre Mon 09-Jan-17 21:57:55

you can get papers delivered from local newsagents as well, though, not just from the newspaper itself - so if you have one relatively nearby, you could ask them if they deliver. I know some teenagers who have jobs delivering various papers!

LocalEditorCambridge Wed 11-Jan-17 10:13:38

You could also look to getting Week Junior too for your child if they're old enough - my 12 year old loves it but good for 7 / 8 plus I think?

MrsPlopperson Sun 22-Jan-17 19:40:05

Does it have to be in paper form? If not, then check out Readly - I've just subscribed and am impressed so far - you pay by the month and have access to tons of magazines (must be more than a hundred). It is online though. If you want a paper form, then something like The Times on Sunday (good magazines as well as news articles) or TIME magazine (a good read, albeit US focussed) would be what I'd go for - I think both can be arranged through their websites or a local newsagent.

dinosaursdontwhine Mon 23-Jan-17 18:53:34

I second The Week. And my 7 yr old loves The Week Junior: gets him talking to us about interesting things at the dinner table (in between the power rangers and ninjago talk)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now